cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Issue

jimmer005
I've Been Around

Why does my NHL Gamecenter keep freezing on PS3?

***Edited Labels.***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: PS3 Issue

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @jimmer005 ,

Are you running a wired/direct ethernet connection or wireless?

Is is just picture or both picture and sound that is freezing?

RogersDarrell

I am wired direct and both picture and sound freeze. The "busy" icon is isn the middle of the screen.

It does not happen on my computer or tablet

I've been talking to their "escalation team" on Facebook about this issue since October. GameCenter on PS3 is virutally unwatchable. I've been told that there's a known issue that they're working on, but there's no known fix at this time. It's ridiculous. They actually told me to just watch it on my phone or tablet instead. Sort of defeats the purpose of paying to stream it on my TV thorugh the console. 

RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @

Please try to complete the basic troubleshooting:

• To reboot the cable modem / router, you need to :
    • Unplug the modem’s power cord from the power outlet.
    • If applicable, unplug the router’s power cord.
    • Wait 10 seconds and plug the modem back in.
    • Wait for the lights on the modem to become solid green.
    • If applicable, plug in the router and wait for it to connect with the modem.
    • This may take up to two minutes.

If the screen remains freezed, please reach out to us on  TwitterIcon.png @RogersHelps or FacebookIcon.png Facebook.com/Rogers Our team will be happy to assist you in troubleshooting.

RogersAmanda

alexanderwalsh
I've Been Around

I have never had a prior problem with my "Gamecenter app" for years using this on my ps3. Since Rogers has taken over it has not worked right. The date and time is not right (I have updated time and date both settings on ps3) and uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I will would appreciate a fix or some input on this asap as it has been a while now Rogers. I personally will not be purchasing this next season if something is not done about it soon. 

A concerned yet loyal customer

Alex W

Hi, @alexanderwalsh 

I’d like to help with the RGCL issue on your PS3. We have sent you a PM, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana 

Since the NHL / Rogers revamped their NHL app, I cannot get it to install on my PS3.  I go to download it and install it from the PlayStation Store, and after installing it initially, it tells me there is an update.  When I go to do the update however, an error occurs, and I have to exit.  Why is this happening?

Hi @BillyBob2000,

Are you still having issues with the NHL® GameCenter LIVE app prompting you to update? If so please send a private message to our @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we will look into this for you.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

Good Morning,

I am not sure if this is a known issue or not but its starting to drive me bonkers.

I have the latest known rogers gamecentre app installed on my ps3 and also the latest OS version.

All apps are working on my playstation except for the gamecenter. I have had several tickets raised with Rogers about this and there is still no fix to this. What happened is when I start the app it gets into the library when you can see all available games. As soon as you click on one of the games and i mean any game and selecting a feed, it comes upp with this weird error. It says Critical Error with great red big letters on the top and then it gives somekind of application error. JS/xxxx/xxxx whatever whatever... I had the same issue back in march and raised a ticket got a reply back that now its working, then when I tried it was fine, and it worked for a while but now its the same again. It has still not been fixed. Anyone else having the same issue or what is going on. Its very frustrating to say the least. I have some previous case numbers that can be looked up. All the details should be in there. I am getting to the point of canceling my internet service with Rogers, but I prefer not having to do so as I have been a long time customer and have been fairly happy with your service.

Any jind of assistance with this would be greatly apprecated.

Kind Regards

Pat

Hi @Pasuleka,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I can definitely understand the inconveniences of not being able to use the Rogers NHL® app on your Sony Playstation 3 and would love the help. We may need to access your account to see what happened between March (when it worked) and now. I have sent you a private message to reply to, from our @CommunityHelps. You can click here to access your inbox or click hereto learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

RogersArthur

Hercules130
I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

I have been using GCL for my PS3 for two years. The first year, last year, everything was fine. So was earlier this season. Around a month ago Sony issued system update for my PS3 and so I updated my system. Since then, my games became erratic. It kept on freezing mid-game for no apparent reason. Once it froze there was nothing I could do except turning the console off and turn it on again.

Several weeks ago NHL.tv issued its own update with patches, it said. So I installed. The condition became better but freezes still happened. What used to be a freeze every 5 minutes now 3 - 4 freezes each game.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?