cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PREMIER vs. VIP, Customer treatment OR ma BELL?

YtanyaY
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi,

My family's used Roger's since early 1970's. I have had ongoing issues since 2013. (Mostly cable). I was getting Promos which was the only reason I stayed (although Bell wasn't improving - home phone.)

I have (had) VIP package with several theme packs but promos ran out last week.

I was "sold" the "Premier" which I was told had everything I had, but was cheaper. I compared yesterday and 300+ channels VS. 170+ channels; MOST of the ones I (and others) watch were excluded. I also was told that there could be NO PROMOS with the VIP anymore. Can they do that?

It's MUCH cheaper for Rogers, a bit for me, but since I and others here USE TV 24 hours a day, we wanted the extra channels but cannot afford the having no VIP promos.

Anyone have any advice? Try Bell?

Rogers used to be for the customer but within last year has become rude, to get techs is DAYS waiting, most are not good one destructive and incompetent. Anyone else notice this?

Overall service has been horrible for all 3 I have: home phone, internet and cable.

***Edited Labels***

38 REPLIES 38

Re: PREMIER vs. VIP, Customer treatment OR ma BELL?

RogersTony

Hello @YtanyaY,

After reading your posts, I can understand how completely disappointing it is dealing with all of these issues. Having to reboot constantly to enjoy your TV service is definitely not right. 

We'd like a chance to take a look at this for you, review the notes on your file and try to find a solution to this matter for you once and for all. We'll need to gain access to your information on file to get started. Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can take a closer look.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please check out our Blog.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

elshey875
I've Been Around

Yes! you're right, I agree with you. I came to know about Rogers. I have a habit of doing proper research so I usually write down questions which I want to ask and then contact the customer care to ask those questions. So I called them and ask for channels details but they denied to give details.  They should at least show which channels they are giving with each package. One should know full details about the product before paying any amount.  Still, I would call them again for negotiation and channel details again. Otherwise, I would switch to another streaming service cheaper in price than Rogers. 

Hello @elshey875,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I completely understand the importance of doing your research before making a financial decision. 

The channel list for each package is available on the Rogers.com website, this LINK will take you to the specific page. I strongly recommend you take a look at our Ignite TV bundles as well, you can access it by clicking HERE and choose "View prices" to go straight to the bundles and pricing with channel listings and Internet speeds.

If you have any additional questions or if you are ready to sign up for services please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can address any concerns you may have.

If you are not familiar with our private messaging system please CLICK HERE.

I hope this helps you make a decision!

RogersTony

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersTony wrote:

The channel list for each package is available on the Rogers.com website, this LINK will take you to the specific page.

That link is limited to only Rogers current offerings. It's for new customers, not for existing ones to confirm they're getting what they're supposed to  If you have an older legacy package, the only way to honer what you're getting (not what you're supposed to get) is to spend some time going through your IPG page by page and compiling a list or spreadsheet.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

As in what Rogers should be doing for their customers, instead of the customers doing it for Rogers??  This has been a long standing complaint for Rogers Cable TV customers which appears to be nowhere near resolution.  How hard can it be, its a database relation ..... data in ..... data out.