cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPV ordered. Movie plays on one terminal but not the other.

cocgle
I've Been Here Awhile

When one person orders PPV using their remote, it only plays on that TV.Not on the other TVs inthe house. Also,if I want to check the pruchase history, I only see the history for that particular terminal.

Is this how it`ssupposed to work? 

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PPV ordered. Movie plays on one terminal but not the other.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cocgle

Same thing will happen. It's only made to play on the main box, not on all the boxes. This is how it works at my house as i have 2 NextBox 3.0 and a 4642 HD Box. Any PPV i order will only work on the box i order it from.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cocgle

When you order a PPV on one box, it won't show it on another box.. That's not how it works. When ordering a PPV it will ONLY show it on the box u ordered it on.

cocgle
I've Been Here Awhile

Weird... .if I order it over the phone, will it play on all boxes or do i have to specify?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cocgle

Same thing will happen. It's only made to play on the main box, not on all the boxes. This is how it works at my house as i have 2 NextBox 3.0 and a 4642 HD Box. Any PPV i order will only work on the box i order it from.

View solution in original post

cocgle
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the response. Rogers might want to look into a more integrated system. As it is i will have to go from terminal to terminal to see who ordered what.

Thanks

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Good question. You probably should specify in case Rogers just puts it on the first box on their list.

Go to  My Rogers > Products & Services > TV and under Digital Box you'll see a dropdown box with your devices, which should help. (Or it may not. In my case they have them mixed up and can't retrieve the features on one.)

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

jenniferNL
I Plan to Stick Around

friend said they ordered wwe ppv on bell and it came thru on 4 boxes but only 1 charge... rogers should match this feature! silly to charge people 4 fees to get same show on 4 tv screens!

maybe if u order it over the phoen rogers might push the signal to all your boxes? i think thats what bell does?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depending on WHAT they are on with bell.. if they are on FIBE, the system works a little different tho.

Their system, the IP stream is PUSHED to the PVR box for it, then the CHILD boxes, all pull from there... not individual feeds, like with rogers.
So some TECHNICAL limiations, at least in doing it the same way.

THOUGH, you think it would just be account related, with rogers.  Box A B & C should all show up as being on account X.  You try to watch that PPV, your box will say "hey i am on account X, verify me"  Yup you have it, you can watch it, etc.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
i was told different things by friends who are on bell, one of them said if you order it through the TV it only plays on that receiver, however if u call in to the call centre to order it and give them the event id, they send it to all the receivers on your account ie you can watch it on multiple tvs.

maybe its the case for rogers too? can someone chime in whos actually tried this?

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

when you order on the phone and rogers does it then it goes to all the boxes in the house.

if you order it your self from one box it only is available on that one box. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

so it sounds like its exactly the same.  how about for cogeco or video tron?

Hwaiting
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this still the case?  I remember someone at Rogers replying one time that you could watch the PPV on multiple terminals.  I know when I tried it shortly thereafter however, it was not the case.

Lannoc241
I've Been Here Awhile

If I buy a PPV event on one tv, can I finish watching it on another?  It appears it is asking me to purchase it again. 

Lannoc241
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks. So I went back to the other tv and my wife changed the channel. It appears my purchase is not showing now.

Hi @Lannoc241,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your posts.

I hope you were able to catch the rest of your PPV!

As mentioned a few posts above yours, you'd need to speak with someone to have a PPV added to all boxes in the home at the same time.

Ordering through a digital box only enables it on that particular box.

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun