PLEASE add a "Password Reset" function for secondary email accounts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnhhaines
I've Been Around

PLEASE add a "Password Reset" function for secondary email accounts

I just WASTED half an hour of my life with Rogers support because the account management screen does not have "change password" function for the secondary email accounts. Why don't they have this functionality ? Stupid, stupid, stupid, and a hughe waste of my time.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersMoin

Re: PLEASE add a "Password Reset" function for secondary email accounts

Hello, @lp3

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I would like to help. Were you able to change the password? As @Gdkitty mentioned in the previous post, the password can be reset from the login screen, please see the image below;

Webmail login.PNG

If you were not able to reset the password by following the "can't access your account?" link shown in the image above, please let us know we should be able to further assist you.

Thank you for understanding,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is something, you should put in the Rogers IdeaBox.. so it can be potentially submitted properly for consideration

MisLucy
I've Been Around

so how do you do it?  I too have wasted almost an hour.....

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is no reset per say for it. Management wise, you can only add and delete the account. (Likely for privacy, so can't reset a sub one and read emails your not supposed to)

Only real way to reset the password is to do a reset request from the account itself.

On the email login page there is a link for 'I can't access my account' and have to answer some questions .

lp3
I've Been Here Awhile

I also spent more than 2 hours just to reset psswords on our secondary accounts. Password rest should be available to the primary account holders. I also think this is VERY VEREY VERY STUPID.  Many of the links on the support pages don't even work. Rogers is starting to resemble Bell when their support system sucked and caused them to lose many customers.

And I don't want those Rogers's apologistis (under the banner of community) to start justifying this stupidity. I hope someone from Rogers is reading these lines.

RogersMoin

Hello, @lp3

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I would like to help. Were you able to change the password? As @Gdkitty mentioned in the previous post, the password can be reset from the login screen, please see the image below;

Webmail login.PNG

If you were not able to reset the password by following the "can't access your account?" link shown in the image above, please let us know we should be able to further assist you.

Thank you for understanding,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do agree, that child accounts at least, should be able to be reset from the account control.

But overall, in the end, all the passwords can be recovered via the Forgot Password links, ASSUMING that the email account was set up properly, etc.
I think that is the key thing in many cases.. many people will rush through the initial setup and not set up any of the security backups, secret questions, etc.. making it VERY hard to recover.

Its really important that its set up properly.

There are cases on here when people are trying to do the management for the 2ndary accounts, and cant even do that, due to not being able to even recover their main one.

Though i beleive, if you do call in, they can reset it from there as well?

lp3
I've Been Here Awhile

You have merely stated your opinion as it was expected but thank you for your very "expert" opinion!  It is exactly for the children and yes I know I can call and be on hold for 2 hour to accomplish something that can be done in practically  1 mintue. If you're such an expert please go figure this out.

Cheers

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please remember that all of the Resident Experts (REs) on the forum are volunteers, not Rogers employees.  The REs volunteer their time to assist in resolving problems that other Rogers users are having.  So, while we have certain areas of expertise, we are not employees and don't have absolute answers to all of the various issues that can come up in the forum, including the one that you are currently experiencing. 

To create a secondary account or view the secondary account usernames that you currently have, log into your main email account here:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.intl=ca&.partner=rogers-acs&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com

After you finish logging into the account, choose the sprocket symbol in the upper right hand corner and select "Account Info" on the bottom of the drop down menu.  Select "Manage Secondary Account Settings" from the menu.  This will take you to another login page.  Login using same account credentials to access the Secondary Account settings.  That will allow access to the Account and Billing Page that displays the secondary account email user names.  From that, you can recover the account username if you can't remember it.  When you have that username, you can log out of your main account and start the login process for the secondary account and in this case go through the account password recovery path as has been previously shown above.  After you have supplied the required info, you will be sent a link which will allow you to change the password.  That process, from entry of the username, to supplying the details requested, to receiving the password generation link takes about a minute, in a straight forward process.

Thinking back to the last time that I had to do this, I think there was a secondary page where you could access the the secondary account parameters from the main account page, including the passwords.  That appears to be gone now, forcing people to go thru the password recovery system.  As these accounts are now tied in with Yahoo, I don't know if Rogers CSRs have access to the secondary account usernames and passwords.  If so, as long as you know the username, it should be easy for a CSR to change the password.  It all depends on whether or not they have access to those secondary accounts.

In a worst case scenario, if you are currently able to access the account through something like Microsoft Outlook and download all of the email residing in the account and clean it out, you can then use your main account page to delete the secondary account and then recreate it with the same username and setup the correct user details and security question.  As long as the username was somewhat unique, you should be able to recreate an account with that username and not lose use of the username in the few minutes that it would take to recreate the account.

Here is the help link which explains the creation of a secondary account, for reference purposes:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/webmail/307

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lp3 wrote:

You have merely stated your opinion as it was expected but thank you for your very "expert" opinion!  It is exactly for the children and yes I know I can call and be on hold for 2 hour to accomplish something that can be done in practically  1 mintue. If you're such an expert please go figure this out.

Cheers

As datalink stated.. we dont work for rogers... we are just experienced rogers users.  There is nothing we can do/fix.

Only time i have been on hold for more than 20 mins, is when there is a big outage, or calling at like 10pm or later in.. shouldnt take that long.

All I was tyring to say was, if care is done and the time taken when setting UP the account, these resets can be done by ones self just as quick if not quicker via the password reset function, that would be via the admin interface.