cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PING PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP, OVER WEEK NOW.

kc31
I Plan to Stick Around

ok. i used to use a motorola sb5100. i recieved some problems where i didnt get internet, so i decided to switch to dpc3825 cisco gateway modem. now, after i use this modem i experience high ping problems. during the day, i would get apx 25-60 ping and around 20-40 jitter, but at the night i would get 8% packet loss or more, constant 150 ping+ and same for jitter. i have asked people and they have said it is because of the fact night time is "peak time"

BUT i have a friend that lives down the road, who uses the exact same modem with constant 18ping, 2 jitter. in addition, we use the same internet package (the one with 70gb/month). He experiences no lag problems whatsoever during the times i experience major problems. i play games and when i get ping problems and packet loss, it is very annoying. i cannot play games during the day, so only at night, because it is the only time i am free. the internet is so bad, that it will take minutes to load up a youtube video, and all it does is buffer.

we use pingtest.net to check our ping.

someone please help, i have tried using the bridge mode for my own router, using the router inside the modem.  

***edited labels***

27 REPLIES 27

Re: PING PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP, OVER WEEK NOW.

kc31
I Plan to Stick Around

ehm keep calling i suppose, i use mcafee. strange my old modem was alot better, though idont exactly remmber since it was a while back.

Zedonius666
I Plan to Stick Around

Whats funny is right now my pings have gone done.  I'm taking screenshots in my games for comparison, cause Im going out on a limb here and assuming the pings will go back to horrilbe within a day or 2. 

BF3 pings yesterday.  105-110      Today. 75

WoW Ping yesterday 120-136.   Today.  85-90.  

I hope it stays this way, but I give it a day or 2 before it goes back to 100+ everyday.   

It almost feels like they give half their customers a good connection then place half on crappy servers and rotate them out every so often. : /.  Sucks. 

I dont think i've ever had a ping lower than 120 to wow 😛

never had any latency problems with it at even up to about 250.. above that maybe a bit.

Zedonius666
I Plan to Stick Around

Its not a matter of just simply wanting better pings.  The point of my responses is complaints about the inconsistancy of Rogers Internet.   I do understand at times your internet may be undergoing some changes or issues arise, but when its a "REGULAR" occurance where my Interent is behaving horribly, then it really makes you wonder wth your paying for. 

If my latency didn't change week in and week out I wouldn't care.  If I could actually use the internet I was paying for, I wouldn't be here complaining.  Its very annoying when you can't stream anything, and get horrible latencys online with a lot of d/cs for 2 weeks straight, then it goes back to being fine for about 2 days, then back to being horrible.  

My complaint is 2 days ago I couldn't stream anything online and my latency in all my games was 125+, this lasted for about 3 weeks.  Now since yesterday I can stream things again, and my latency is down to 75 in everything.  But it never stays like this for more then a week, then its back to a month of 125+ latency and the inability to stream.  This is on the Extreme service as well.  It just makes no sense to me.  I understand peak times things might get a little worse, but it don't explain the weeks of constant horrible when obviously it should be a lot better then what it is 70% of the time. 

Pretty much the internet provider service level equivalent to that of the TTC. Regular delays and inconveniences.

kc31
I Plan to Stick Around

this is COMPLETLY ridiclious. it took me 6 seconds just to load the post message page. rogers is doing NOTHING about it and this is dumb. my ping will keep spiking and i see my friend perfectly fine. why is that rogers. its funny how no rogers employee posts. peak times non peak times im still getting ridiclious ping. 

kc31
I Plan to Stick Around

its not sometimes its always. the ping always goes from low to high and low. its just sometimes it goes higher (500 ping when pinging in cmd to rogers.com). no reason it should be like this

Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation