PING PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP, OVER WEEK NOW.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: PING PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP, OVER WEEK NOW.

Im using the new Docsis modem since they told me I need it to get the new speeds.  But this happened on the old surfboard modem as well.  I use MSSE for my virus protection and leave the firewall on etc and have windows update on auto.  The only programs I run are  SC2/WoW/BF3.  

The only websites I visit are the battle.net sites and Gametrailers.com.  Nothing besides that.  I also have 2 rogers connections which experience the same issue.  2 totally seperate lines mind you.  I wait for people to blame it on that, but I had these 2 connections for awhile and both used to have was lower latency's.  They both go good at the same time, and both go bad at the same time.   I just gave up on it and the worst thing is, there are no choices here besides bell and Rogers, and both suck.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ehm keep calling i suppose, i use mcafee. strange my old modem was alot better, though idont exactly remmber since it was a while back.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Whats funny is right now my pings have gone done.  I'm taking screenshots in my games for comparison, cause Im going out on a limb here and assuming the pings will go back to horrilbe within a day or 2. 

BF3 pings yesterday.  105-110      Today. 75

WoW Ping yesterday 120-136.   Today.  85-90.  

I hope it stays this way, but I give it a day or 2 before it goes back to 100+ everyday.   

It almost feels like they give half their customers a good connection then place half on crappy servers and rotate them out every so often. : /.  Sucks. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont think i've ever had a ping lower than 120 to wow 😛

never had any latency problems with it at even up to about 250.. above that maybe a bit.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Its not a matter of just simply wanting better pings.  The point of my responses is complaints about the inconsistancy of Rogers Internet.   I do understand at times your internet may be undergoing some changes or issues arise, but when its a "REGULAR" occurance where my Interent is behaving horribly, then it really makes you wonder wth your paying for. 

If my latency didn't change week in and week out I wouldn't care.  If I could actually use the internet I was paying for, I wouldn't be here complaining.  Its very annoying when you can't stream anything, and get horrible latencys online with a lot of d/cs for 2 weeks straight, then it goes back to being fine for about 2 days, then back to being horrible.  

My complaint is 2 days ago I couldn't stream anything online and my latency in all my games was 125+, this lasted for about 3 weeks.  Now since yesterday I can stream things again, and my latency is down to 75 in everything.  But it never stays like this for more then a week, then its back to a month of 125+ latency and the inability to stream.  This is on the Extreme service as well.  It just makes no sense to me.  I understand peak times things might get a little worse, but it don't explain the weeks of constant horrible when obviously it should be a lot better then what it is 70% of the time. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Pretty much the internet provider service level equivalent to that of the TTC. Regular delays and inconveniences.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

this is COMPLETLY ridiclious. it took me 6 seconds just to load the post message page. rogers is doing NOTHING about it and this is dumb. my ping will keep spiking and i see my friend perfectly fine. why is that rogers. its funny how no rogers employee posts. peak times non peak times im still getting ridiclious ping. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

its not sometimes its always. the ping always goes from low to high and low. its just sometimes it goes higher (500 ping when pinging in cmd to rogers.com). no reason it should be like this