PHONE UPGRADING

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

PHONE UPGRADING

hello,

I am planning a phone upgrade but I still have a year remaining in my contract. I was told before that

I can change phone every 2 years. I just wondering what deals could I get and if its possible that I will upgrade my phone without extending my contract. Like for example, I can play higher than the phones price (eg. Iphone 4 is $0 now, I could pay $100-200 without the 3 years contract) .

I will appreciate any replies.

Thank you

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: PHONE UPGRADING

Hello jox

In order to do a hardware upgrade, you will need to pay the early upgrade fee. This fee can be viewed by signing into My Rogers - Overview - Check Upgrade Eligibility. You can also call Rogers & speak to a Customer service rep & have them check the price & such. You will also have to pay the amount of the phone on a 3 year term & a $35 admin fee.

All this can be told by a Rogers rep at a store you go or over the phone.

Once you do a upgrade, you will have to sign a new 3 year term for it as well.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: PHONE UPGRADING

Meowmix is correct.

At the time you got your phone.. the early upgrade timeframe, was 2 years, that you could do another upgrade, and start another contract.

Unfortunately, about 6+ month ago, the policy has changed.. and its now at 3 years 😞

This does suck.. as my sister in law was waiting on the 2 year point.. then got told she had time left to pay 😞  she didnt have a choice, her old phone died.

They did this change, as the new 3 year terms, are handled a little differently.
Compared, it was the 2 (now 3) year upgrade thing.. regardless of HOW many year of a contract you got, etc.. you had to pay the early upgrade fee to the 2/3 year point.  It was a set fee, regardless of phone, etc

With the new way.. say you get on a 3 year term.. and are saving $500 on the phone.  It then straight out takes the $500, deviding by the 36 months.  Each month of your contract, it takes that amount of of what you would owe.
Lesser savings, or a smaller year contract, would lessen the amount per month needed to be paid, etc.