PEACHTREE HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miker
I'm Here A Lot

PEACHTREE HD

Bell now offering Peachtree HD plus AMC HD Eastlink also offering SPIKE HD no excuse for Rogers not to add these channels none of which are owned by Bell Media 

***Edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: PEACHTREE HD

There is already a thread about AMC HD on here....

You do realize that if bell has exclusive for the channel, That means Rogers can not get it.. Bell always pays big money for the channels. This is why they have the best channels on their lineup. Rogers on the other hand just sucks & never gives the great channels to us.

IF you want the channels, i suggest switching to Bell. Rogers reps & Rogers mods on here will just read the script & say " at this time we are not offering those channels, but are always reviewing our packaging and programming and will relay your feedback to the broader team."

This message is exactly what they keep telling everyone that has a question about a channel that Rogers does not have. You will not get any straight answer here or over the phone. Believe me. Rogers is starting to lose many customers to other providers. I guess they really do not value the customers they have.
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There should never be exclusivity in the first place, this is wrong, and is what u would call monopolizing the market. this should be illegal, anyway its not rogers fault bell has a monopoly on amc hd, but it should be made public awareness how they work and this should cause other bdu to fight for equality and have equal access to the same networks as other provider does

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed with Pauly. Bell should not even have exclusive channels but this is how it works. Honestly i just with Bell & Rogers could share the same channels but you know what? They will not do it because if they do then there wont be any competition in it. This is why Bell has exclusive on channels & same goes for Rogers.
miker
I'm Here A Lot

Peachtree HD AMC HD not exclusive to Bell both channels on other providers besides Bell their is no reason Rogers could not add both channels along with Spike HD if they want to Rogers choice not to carry these channels

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but if Rogers does not offer the money that the owners want, then we are stuck without the channel. Bell always pays much more for phones / Channels / cable & all for the customers to have. This is something i like about Bell. Rogers on the other hand does not want to pay the money the company is asking for OR is having agreement issues. It all comes down to the agreement they want.

JenniG
I Plan to Stick Around

I would like to thank rogers for the new hd channels such as discovery, space, peachtree, discovery science and id. However, they really need to supply amc and spike tv in hd as well. Actually, if a channel is available in hd everyone should have it for their customers, after all, the industry is forcing all of these hd tv's on us and we can't watch all our favourite tv programs in what the tv is made for. I spent 1500 bucks for my hd tv and now most of my favourite channels are in hd but we are not quite there yet. AMC and SPIKE TV who cares about sports channels if I want to participate in sports I go out and do them not sit on my duff in the house and watch them. More regular channels in hd not more sports channels.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately it's not a simple thing. Especialy if the channels are on another network, there are major contracts and dollars to acquire these.
That we have got the others lately, is hopefully a good sign that they are working to obtain more, may just take some time.

I don't often watch spike, but I thought it was hd last I watched. The show was an sd show, but past the picture border in the middle was spike adds/logos on each side. So it appeared to be hd format, just showing an older ad show, not stretched.

rpgfiend
I've Been Around

I wish we could get AMC HD on Rogers. Until then I just torrent new episodes of the Walking Dead, and watch whatever is on Netflix.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are a few threads already on AMC.

As it is right now, AMC is a bell channel.. and their adds say 'bell exclusive'... so there may not be much rogers can do at this time to aquire it. 😞

All we can do is hope.