cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCM Audio on Nextbox 2.0

pkcrawford
I Plan to Stick Around

Does the Nextbox 2.0 support PCM audio over HDMI?  Mine seems to be stuck in Dolby Digital, even though I have my audio set to "other".

***Edited labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: PCM Audio on Nextbox 2.0

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Setting it to OTHER.. should change it to PCM, as far as i was aware.

Have you restarted the box after making the changes?  May need a reboot to fully implement the save.

pkcrawford
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Gdkitty.  Reboot did not help.  Was really looking for confirmation from others if they are getting PCM over HDMI.  Trying to isolate if the problem is with my TV or my 8642HD. 

Yeah, i dont have a 8642 to test with anymore either.. only a 9865.

Particular reason your trying to force PCM?
Most TV's even if getting DD5.1 are stereo only and will convert it automatically to the right output it needs for the speakers there.

(or will take the 5.1, and sort of do its own emulated surround via stero output)

Most people are more worried to MAKE it output DD5.1 properly for their surround sound.

Following your same thread on digitalhome.ca 🙂

So its a soundbar  (obviously stereo only output) which only accepts PCM?
(wierd.. MOST i have seen accept DD, even thought they obviously are not outputing it.. thoug i guess there may be brands that dont)

As sugested on the other forum.

See if the TV has a forced down setting for its output.

OR.. without having to change the HDMI, etc.. you can just do the stereo output RCA connection into the sound bar (assuming it takes those inputs)

pkcrawford
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Gdkitty.  Just wanted to make sure I reached out to all of the experts.  Looks like it is a Nextbox issue.  Such a simple setting is causing me to have to reconfigure the way I wanted to hook up my gear. So what is the best way to inform Rogers of this issue?

There isn't 😞
Pretty much takes thousands of complaints in for anything to be done
(Which I doubt you will see many of for this one)

One thing I have been fighting for is a 'bug report forum' for redortingnthese type of things
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation