PAYGO Data Plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

PAYGO Data Plan

I have an unlocked iPhone 6 and Rogers S100 PAYGO voice plan. I also have automatic Top Up enabled. By turning Cellular Data ON, the Data Roaming is also turned ON. I can now Browse the web when I am not in the Hotspot area or have no access to Wi Fi.

Question:

1- Would the data charges go against the $100 plan?

2- Or would the Data usage be charged to Top Up without affecting my $100 minutes?

Guftam

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: PAYGO Data Plan

Hello @Guftam,

Welcome to the Community! 

Do you have Wireless Internet added on to your PAYGO S100 plan? I was able to find the following information regarding the Wireless add-on:

- Wireless Internet costs 15 cents per MB if the payment for the monthly service fee of the Wireless Internet add-on was not made. 

I believe it would be charged additionally on your next top-up that is debited from your account. If you'd like, I can have @CommunityHelps reach out to via PM and look further into your account for a more accurate answer. Please let me know. 

Community, @OLDYELLR, if anyone is on the same plan or using PAYGO, please feel free to chime in 🙂

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: PAYGO Data Plan

Data Charges should go against your balance as far as I am aware. (With my temporary PAYGO I used last year)
If your $100 is a balance on the account - It uses that balance. However, your $100 should have been spent on the plan as soon as you loaded it (I assume).
@RogersHassam referral to @OLDYELLR would be great too, since our RE has this plan himself...

Also, you don't need Data Roaming ON if you aren't planning to use it outside of Rogers Network. Roaming applies to Non-Rogers towers only.