Overage Charges - where can these be found on "My Rogers"?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Overage Charges - where can these be found on "My Rogers"?

Perhaps I'm blind, but are these available without having to be put on hold for 15 minutes?  I'm about 10GB short of hitting my monthly allowance, and want to know what the charge will be.  However, this doesn't appear on my bill, or on the details of my plan.

***edited labels***

-- My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle --
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Overage Charges - where can these be found on "My Rogers"?

I think it used to be in the +details of the internet speed page.. but cant find it.

On their keepingpace.ca page (which talks about monitoring your usage online, where to find stuff, etc), was able to find this.

Will I be charged if I go beyond my monthly usage allowance?

Yes. If you exceed your monthly usage allowance, you will be charged as follows:

Ultra Lite – $5.00/GB to a maximum of $100.00
Lite – $4.00/GB to a maximum of $100.00 *
Express – $2.00/GB to a maximum of $100.00
Extreme – $2.00/GB to a maximum of $100.00
Extreme Plus – $2.00/GB to a maximum of $100.00
Ultimate – $1.00/GB to a maximum of $100.00

*Note for Lite customers: If you signed up for Lite before July 21st, 2010, your additional usage charges remains at $2.50/GB. Additionally, if you are a Lite customer living in the Atlantic, your additional usage charges remains at $2.50/GB

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think it used to be in the +details of the internet speed page.. but cant find it.

On their keepingpace.ca page (which talks about monitoring your usage online, where to find stuff, etc), was able to find this.

Yes. If you exceed your monthly usage allowance, you will be charged as follows:

*Note for Lite customers: If you signed up for Lite before July 21st, 2010, your additional usage charges remains at $2.50/GB. Additionally, if you are a Lite customer living in the Atlantic, your additional usage charges remains at $2.50/GB

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

When did Rogers increased the max overage charge to $100?? It used to be $50...
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

quite a while ago.. probably a year ago?
But i think the overage rates droped a little though too (was like $5/g now down to 2 sort of thing)

Highlighted

So glad I switched to unlimited...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sheesh, it's on another site?  Thanks.  Seems like it would have made more sense to put it on the bill or products page.

-- My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle --
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh yeah, i agree.

That IS a rogers page.. but yea.. that info needs to be a little more upfront.

Highlighted

@Gdkitty wrote:

Posted 2016-10-08 

@Gdkitty

This should be changed. It is all $1.50/GB if you are not on an unlimited plan. No mention of maximums.

I am going to let mine go over by a couple of Gigs to see what happens.  I should get charged $1.50/GB - right? We'll see. Smiley Happy

Rogers Ignite 60  Data Overage: $1.50/GB  $78/mo

Rogers Ignite 30 Data Overage: $1.50/GB   $68/mo

Internet 5   Data Overage: $1.50/GB4(Modem rental is $8/month extra so it's really $33/mo)

I can't find the reference to Note 4. It could relate to the maximum $100 charge.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can't find reference to what I said, as it's out of date info.
The thread is from back in 2013, the plans and pages have changed since then (as well as overages charges)

Highlighted

@Gdkitty wrote:
You can't find reference to what I said, as it's out of date info.
The thread is from back in 2013, the plans and pages have changed since then (as well as overages charges)

I don't think Rogers explains data overage charges to clients very well. It took me a while to realize that the Data Limit on my wireless plan was different from the Data Limit on my internet plan. 

If I go over my Data Limit on my internet plan it is $1.50/GB and if I go over my Data Limit on my wireless plan it is $15.00/GB. Also note that some people think that unlimited voice and text means unlimited Data as well. You may assume they understand, but from what I have read on these posts, there is a lot of confusion.

Cheers.