Over 10 years with Rogers and this is what you call an upgrade?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ultramagnus
I've Been Here Awhile

Over 10 years with Rogers and this is what you call an upgrade?

I have been with Rogers since I was in High school and I am now 30. 

I have been up and down with them for some time but recently in the last few years have gone through some troubles with them and my account. Regardless that is not the issue, what is the issue is that I really need a new phone

So I go ahead and try to do it online, the representative could not help me explain why I can get the new HTC One from Telus and Virgin for the same upgrade price that Rogers was offering me. This I cannot understand.  

So I go ahead and call Rogers, where the representive there goes and looks into it and comes back with 50$ off. 

Is this a joke? Was that really the answer, I was in so much shock, I just asked how long does it take to port my number to another carrier and hung up.  I guess loyalty fell off the wagon somewhere along the ride here.  I just don't get it.  

On top of it, my plan is costing me, where other carriers can come very close to what I am being offered. I don't like getting into arguments, I just would love for someone to offer me something where I didn't have to scratch the walls screaming in order to get it.

I wish Rogers would see this and call me to repair this situation and keep me with them.

***edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Over 10 years with Rogers and this is what you call an upgrade?

Hello ultramagnus

The HTC One is $149.99 on a 3 year term  with all the carriers at the moment. I went & got it at  the Rogers store today & Bell, Telus & Virgin have it for that price. So i really doubt any of the carriers would lower the price for you for the phone. They could but Rogers can not do it unless they see it on the website, news, or a promotion. So i really do not understand what you mean by the price. They can not lower the price of the phone. Have you tried speaking to customer retentions about this & maybe they can lower your upgrade fee ( if you have one) or lower the monthly plan? They can NOT lower the price of the phone unless they other carriers do or Rogers does it them self's.

Normal reps can not give discounts out but the Rogers retention team can. They can NOT give discount prices on the phone tho. Only on plans / upgrade fees & such. I would also  suggest taking your name off the post. Many people come on here as a guest & can search your name & such. So i suggest removing it.

Other carriers offer you what you want because they want you as a customer. Rogers wants you as a customer but remember, if you have to pay for a upgrade fee / flextab fee then you have to unless you speak to Rogers retentions. They can give or remove the upgrade fee. The price of the phone can not be lowered unless the other carriers do.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A new person or one with them from teh beigining.. always get the same discount.. there is no 'loyalty' discount per say, etc.
It would really be nice.. but at least in the case of the phones.. not overly commong.

Best you can do, is as Meowmix said.. is talk to retentions.  They have more power than the regular reps, and can offer sometimes more things than a regular rep.

ultramagnus
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand they cannot lower the phone cost, but it was the way I was dealt with on the phone.

It was like, "that is all sir we can do, and yes it takes 30 days to port your number"

Really?

I mean, nothing like, "lets take a look at your plan and see what we can adjust" to that extent

I  understand, the phone cost's money, I am not saying give me a free phone,  but please at least show me that you have valued me as a customer for some time now. Like I said since high school I have been with Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ultramagnus

It can take up to 30 days to port the number over, this is why they give you a temp number to go for the time being.

Call them up & speak to Rogers retentions. If the reps in that department do not help you, ask for a Manager. Explain to the manager what u want & see what they can do.
ultramagnus
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for that info,

I know that is what should be done but I am unfortunatley not good at getting my point across over the phone or in person. 

I have a tendency to let people walk all over me, which is probably why I just let the other rep basically blow me off, then I hung up. If I were to call again, I am worried that the same thing will happen again, blah blah blah I will just say... ok... then hang my head and come post here again in frustration.

I really thought that I was going to get a call back or at least a question back about why I were to be inquiring about porting my number to another carrier, maybe asking "oh is something wrong with our service?" or something like that.

If I can't muster it up enough, I will probably just leave Rogers when the phone comes down  in price in about a month or so. 

Horrible way to go though, I must admit.