Outlook.com can't set up Rogers POP3 email accounts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fandpdingethal
I've Been Around

Re: Outlook.com can't set up Rogers POP3 email accounts

Outlook.com can't set up Rogers POP3 email accounts

Need assistance.   Rogers has locked my email account because I tried to access from Italy.  We updated our cell phone for coverage so you would think that maybe we are in Italy and want to acces email as well

***Edited Labels***

RogersMoin

Hello, @fandpdingethal

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Thank you for your post.Smiley Happy

How are you trying to access your email? Based on the title of your post, I'm assuming you are trying to access your email through an email client.

Your email account can be unlocked by signing in to webmail after you have successfully signed in, please sign out and access your email, hope this helps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Pottertons
I Plan to Stick Around

PERFECT!!!

This was driving me mad! 

Thank you. 

kea14
I've Been Around

I am having the same problem with Outlook 2016 and my rogers.com account.

Every POP3 combination will not let me connect my account to Outlook.

My iPhone and iPad connect with outlook just fine but my Dell PC running windows 10 will not connect. Thoughts?

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Got me, I just set up access to my rogers email account using pop in my outlook.com account.

Just set it up as a pop account and it went straight in, no issue.

On my android, I had to use the server name.imap.mail.yahoo.com as the incoming server address, and on the outgoing it was android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Not sure on Apple what the settings would be, but it looks like on the web outlook.com interface, it will use the pop settings, but when setting up on my android phone (which the device did automatically when I did add account) it used the IMAP, not POP3 settings.

On your Dell, you may want to try IMAP settings instead. Don't know if these settings are current, but look at this link for the settings in Outlook https://www.rogers.com/web/content/emaildownload

Maybe that is the issue.

Bruce

Shakerhill
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having trouble setting up POP3 from Outlook. My account was working well, then started having trouble receiving but not sending.  Eventually I deleted the account and tried to restore the account both through the auto and the manual process. I have tried pop.broadband.rogers.com and I've tried 98.139.214.182. I have tried the default settings as well as 995 and 465 SSL in the advanced settings.  The message I get is that the connection to the server was "interrupted". Any ideas? I assume that this is a Rogers problem. I am receiving and sending from my Rogers accounts on IoS without issue

borford
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Shakerhill wrote:

I am having trouble setting up POP3 from Outlook. My account was working well, then started having trouble receiving but not sending.  Eventually I deleted the account and tried to restore the account both through the auto and the manual process. I have tried pop.broadband.rogers.com and I've tried 98.139.214.182. I have tried the default settings as well as 995 and 465 SSL in the advanced settings.  The message I get is that the connection to the server was "interrupted". Any ideas? I assume that this is a Rogers problem. I am receiving and sending from my Rogers accounts on IoS without issue

It could also be an outlook error or a firewall issue.

The following steps are roughly for any outlook version repair.

• Open up the Control Panel on your PC (and show All Control Panel items, if necessary) and click on Programs, then Programs and Features.
  • Find Microsoft Office ?? in the list and highlight it. (Selection may also say Microsoft Office 365)
  • Click Change.
  • Select Quick Repair and Repair then follow the prompts.

Secondly if it's a firewall issue, try to disable your firewall or if not responding or expired, uninstall the security program and test before reinstalling.

Lastly, it could be a blocked port in the modem (rare), factory reset the modem and test.

Brian

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried "pop.mail.yahoo.com"?  See the following long thread on the topic.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/413...

Shakerhill
I've Been Here Awhile

I had not clicked one box related to secure inbox.

Fixed now.  I still have no idea why the receiving process stopped however, which made me reinstall

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

This link may explain all the issues going on with POP connections - Yahoo has announced they are ending POP and going only IMAP as of March 31st (they consider it a legacy solution and are ending support).

So looks like everything now has to go IMAP.  This is going to create lots of support issues for me to my in laws, who are all on pop, because that is all they know. If I said, POP, they would say, POPCORN?, and IMAP - is that an apple Mapping program?  And I am not kidding.

There is a link for exactly how to approach the changes on the IMAP settings.

Whether this is identical for Rogers, I don't know and haven't tried.  I know I have mine set up on the Yahoo services, no reference to Rogers, full user name is my Rogers Yahoo email, and password.

Hope this helps to clarify.  All I can say, is as I have kept saying for a while, get off Yahoo and move to another like Outlook.com or gmail. 2 weeks before they close off POP, they finally announce it - talk about little preperation - Rogers needs to put out clear explanation of this change to all customers - you won't find this post easily from Yahoo - I found it in a forum post from Yahoo - 9 pages long over 8 days, this update is in the last day.

Maybe IMAP will at least get things stable, and we can ask people directly if they are using pop, and send link to theml.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN28161.html

Maybe someone can pin this link somewhere as it is a common question right now, and probably will be for a while until this all gets resolved, and it possibly someone can get it back to tech support too.

Bruce