cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlander new episodes on demand?

ghcharters
I Plan to Stick Around

I see episodes 1-8 of Outlander are available ON DEMAND. Anyone know if or when the newer episodes (9 and later) will be made available.?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Outlander new episodes on demand?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tmorgan:

The rights for certain programming is negotiated separately between the service provider and the rights holder (usually the content producer).  This can include SD, HD, OTT, Streaming, Internet, On-demand online, OD on STB, etc.  Along with the rights to show the programming, there are time limits also negotiated.

That is why sometimes not everything is available.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

RogersMoin

Hello @ghcharters, Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post, I tried searching “On Demand” for Oultander and was able to find Episode 12 and 13 but couldn’t locate 9, 10 and 11. I have reached out “On Demand” department for the information and I will update as soon as I get the details.

Thank you for your patience,
RogersMoinSmiley Happy

Just finished watching Outlander episodes 1-8 but disappointed that the rest of Season 1 is not available on Shomi. I see there was an inquiry back in May, is there any updates? Thanks

DL52
I've Been Around

I just recently watch 1 through 8 and would love to know when the rest are going to be available.

SOMAD1
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know why "Outlander" is no longer on the new Rogers on demand?

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
I see that all the season 3 episodes are available "On Demand" on the W Network.

SOMAD1
I've Been Here Awhile

rogers in demand directs me to the new site and i do not see outlander under tv shows....

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Sorry. I thought you were looking the episodes on the TV. (On Demand ch 100) . I see now that you specified ' the new on demand'

justincranford9
I've Been Here Awhile

I watched Outlander Season 3 Episodes 1-3 on the old https://www.rogersondemand.com/ website. I went to that site yesterday and it now redirects to https://www.rogersanyplacetv.com/. The show Outlander is missing from that new website.

Google remembers the link for the old website is https://www.rogersondemand.com/OnDemand/Show/outlander_3?lang=en, but that too redirects to the new website and searching for the show comes back with zero results.

There was no notification about a new website, or that Rogers was removing some of the available shows. Why is it missing from the new website? Please fix it.

Good evening @justincranford9,

Thank you for your contribution & Welcome to the Rogers Community!

I know what it's like to want to continue watching a serie you just started! While I hope you were able to get the answers to your questions since you posted, I can imagine that this must result in some inconvenience. I thought it would be appropriate to address some of your inquiries.

With the most recent version of Anyplace TV, you'll get access to channels and content based on your TV subscription. Some of the content may not be available when you aren’t at home and the content may also vary depending if you access the platform from mobile, to digital box, to website.

In order to successfully access the content on Rogers Anyplace TV, you'll need:

• A Rogers Digital TV package subscription.
  • A Rogers digital terminal that you rent or own (digital adapters are not supported).
  • An active internet or wireless data connection.
  • A computer with an up-to-date Chrome browser to access Anyplace TV online, or a smartphone/tablet running iOS or Android to use the Anyplace TV app.
  • A MyRogers profile, with your Rogers Digital TV account linked to it.

To help you in finding the root cause of the issue you are encoutering, could you confirm whether you have an active Cable account and are currently subscribed to the W Network?

RogersMaude

I have an active account. I have W network too. I can access Outlander season 3 episodes 4 & 5 through ROD on my cable box, but I cannot access any episodes of the show on https://www.rogersanyplacetv.com/. I was viewing that show through the old website, using my online Rogers account; the same account I am using to access this forum website.

Thank you for confirming this information @justincranford9!

We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention.

Although I am unable to assist you further for now, I wanted to take the time to let you know we are grateful for your feedback. We're currently looking into this for you. Smiley Wink

We reached out to the team in charge of this content on Rogers Anyplace TV and provided them with the detailed account of events. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

As soon as we hear back, we'll make sure to update this thread. Stay tuned!

RogersMaude

Outlander.... why not have all shows??

I don't understand why Rogers limits the past shows in ondemand. I want to see Season 3 episode 1 on Outlander but it only has episodes 6-8 listed, or something to that effect. Why not have ALL THE SHOWS ALREADY AIRED??!! That would make more sense. Seems you guys at Rogers do this for many shows and it boggles the mind. PLEASE FIX THIS AT ONCE!

AND??? Have you figured out why you can't show ALL THE EPISODES THAT HAVE ALREADY AIRED???

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tmorgan:

The rights for certain programming is negotiated separately between the service provider and the rights holder (usually the content producer).  This can include SD, HD, OTT, Streaming, Internet, On-demand online, OD on STB, etc.  Along with the rights to show the programming, there are time limits also negotiated.

That is why sometimes not everything is available.

tmorgan
I'm Here A Lot

Yeah but you would think that you would have all episodes available while the season is in progress?? Anywoo... I now have no way to watch Ep1 of this Season 3 which is troublesome.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers reads these threads, so now that the issue has been highlighted, perhaps this oversight will be corrected.

Hello @tmorgan and @57.

I know it's not what you want to hear but there isn't an oversight here. I know it's tough because I've personally had content fall off On Demand before I could watch it too.

As stated earlier, there is a contractual agreement when it comes to ROD content. This includes the amount of time we can keep episodes available On Demand. Do keep in mind that we always post an expiry date for the content too! So if you're crunched for time and haven't recorded an episode on your PVR, take a quick glance at On Demand to determine how long you have to watch it before it's removed.

Regards,

RogersCorey

This answer does not make sense for what I am seeing. This is as of yesterday.

Rogers Channel 100 - Outlander season 3, episodes 5-8 are available

www.rogersanyplacetv.com - Outlander season 3, episodes 6-7 are available

No episode 5 or 8 on the website.

Hello @justincranford9,

We'd like to take a closer look at this for you and may need to escalate this to our Video Networking teams to see what is causing the content issues on the Website.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can escalate this for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

And how do I send a private message?
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats