Outdated???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Outdated???

Ok, so we used to have a digital box ages ago, but we disconnected it and have never used it since. Only recently when Rogers started removing channels did I look into this. I'm paying for the VIP bundle but dont get even 1/4 of the channels that I should and I'm still renting the box, which when I plugged in though that the year was 2003. The box seems to be a dud currently and I was wondering what I'm to do with the one I have now and how to get a new one. Any help would be great. 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Outdated???

Well, if you're renting it the solution is simple. Bring it to a rogers store and they will replace it with a current model. The rental fee maybe different - 1-2 bucks more or the same depending on your cable plan. The modem itself and swapping it doesnt cost a dime. I would call rogers cable csr first and tell them the situation. They will discuss any new rental fee with the newer box versions. Then go to a rogers store and swap it. They do everything.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Outdated???

If the box hasn't been used in a very long time, it might not be "authorized" anymore.  What this means is that its gone into a security state, and just needs to be re-authorized, which is super simple.  Just call Rogers, and they will send a signal to your box again, which should re-activate all your channels.  Just tell them you need to re-authorize your terminal.

It should take about 5-15 minutes for all your channels to start working again.  You should put it on a channel that you KNOW your supposed to get, but with the box it might show a "Not Authorized" message, THEN call and ask them to authorize.... a few mins later that message will disappear, and the channel should come in!