Outage of some form 3/5/13

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Outage of some form 3/5/13

Still down in Stittsville , any one in the area up ?
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ottawa Center -- haven't notice any problem today.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I  recently changed (because of a  "good"  deal) to Rogers internet from another ISP. Boy, am I sorry I did! The service has not been as reliable as my previous ISP by a long shot.  When my service went down this morning, after the usual checks I found out that I could not connect to their DNS server. I phoned tech service to find out what was happening.  I was put on hold for more than an hour (I was worried about loosing my palce in the queue!)   at which point I smartened up and hung up. Then I tried the customer service line  to possibly complain about their service - guess what?  they were not available! I phoned tech support again and this time got the message that they had a major breakdown of service and did not know when the service would be back. I feel I should have gotten such a message the first time I called. Now reading this forum, I learn that they had a longer outage in January. If I had known that I would have never signed up for Rogers, which I did on Feb 20, 2013. As per your suggestion, I am going to ask for a rebate tomorrow when I can spare an hour or so trying to get hold of a person at Rogers.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, phone their Customer Service. My wife just did and they gave her credit for a day. They should really be looking to improve their service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Today's outage was not the same thing as in jan. January was a pure Dns issue, service was up, using an alternate DNs the Internet was fine. Compared to this time service was down completely in the selected areas, no connectivity at all.
I whole heartedly agree they should try and not have ANY outages. Just want the difference shown, that its not necessarily the same issue repeatedly.

Where I am at least, the DNs issue was the first outage I have had here in years.

I do agree, as per one of my previous posts on this thread, that thy need to be quicker on the phone system putting the notice up there.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yup my parents also got a 50 cent credit for the days worth of outage, but my question is, is it really worth complaining over 50 cents??? i would not bother

I Plan to Stick Around

I got a $56.50 refund about 3 weeks ago for the crappy service we had in N.B. in February. The customer relation person I spoke to told me if it happens again that I just needed to call back and they would give me another credit for the same amount. I cannot wait for the next outage!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

Then i guess your parents got the worse credit out there Smiley Sad ... Tell them next time to keep calling it. I got a $40 credit + a free month of internet usag because of all this & the many times this keeps happening. In the end, its worth calling in & complaining to get any credit you can get. In the end, you lose what you are doing on the internet because Rogers can not even control anything it seems.

Hopefully next time, you & your parents can get a better credit!.
I've Been Here Awhile

Sounds like the amount of credit Rogers is giving is totally random and probably depends on how loud and persistent one is on the phone. Rogers should probably have a policy to treat customers uniformly and consistently when such things happen. In any event, I feel that people should phone for a refund even if it is small. If  thousands (I don't know the size of their client base)  of their affected clients phone, I am sure they will take such outages more seriously than they seem to. I would have expected an e-mail from Rogers saying sorry and explaining what happened and what if anything they plan to do to avoid such problems in the future.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I can be quite loud and VERY persistent when i've had enough. I got a $56.50 credit in the first days of February and again at the end of that month for the same amount. So I basically got 2 whole month totally free and I don't feel bad about it for getting these credits because they were really testing the limits of my patience. If it happens again, I will do the same.