Outage of some form 3/5/13

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Outage of some form 3/5/13

Still down in Stittsville,, and yes, I HOPE we get some credit for this... totally unnaceptable. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I'm still down. I'm currently connected to my phone's hotspot.

I've Been Around

Still out in Stittsville
I've Been Here Awhile

Ask customer service for a credit. I had to go to the customer retention level, but they have credited my account $50 for the outage. It isn't about the money, but the inconvenience is huge. I wanted to vote my displeasure with Rogers by asking for a rebate instead of just quietly accepting it as I did last time.

Maybe if enough of us ask for a refund, it will occur to them it is cheaper to put in a reliable system with appropriate redundancy so outages like this don't happen. The last major outage was only 2 months ago.

I've Been Here Awhile

Still down in the Ottawa / Merivale Road area.  Major problem as our business runs on Rogers.  Seriously considering changing providers at this point.

I'm Here A Lot

I not only have internet with Rogers, but 3 cell phones, home phone, and cable.  My cable PVR box re-boots every couple of days, have been complaining for 1.5 years, several technicians have come, say no problems, but yet, must be.... and internet well, goes down every 1-2 months for sure, as well as the rental modem having to re-boot every couple of weeks as well.  For the money I spend each month on Rogers services, I am very un-satisfied with both cable and internet.  I will be calling for not only a credit but an explination as to why no one can fix the existing problems with my cable box as well as why the internet goes down all the times.

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't have any complaints about my Rogers service. "Stuff happens"

How do u connect via hotspot. ?
I'm Here A Lot

right now im at work so not affecting me, but my daughter who has a ton of university projects to do, is at home with no internet connection so no work being done, right? and on her cellphone, no wireless either right?

I've Been Here Awhile

I noticed that I had to reset the modem when Roger's service returned.  Maybe can try that just in case it works. (Newmarket)

I've Been Around

I heard:

Rogers Internet platform down for this morning , credit for 1 day can be claimed.

Anyone knows HOW?