Outage of some form 3/5/13

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Outage of some form 3/5/13

No go in Newmarket yet Smiley Sad

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Back up and running Ottawa West / Greenbank at Hunt Club.

I've Been Here Awhile

Newmarket up and running! Smiley Happy

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for fixing it!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ljachang wrote:

Newmarket up and running! Smiley Happy

Good i will let my mother know Smiley Happy

------------------

Good, that this outage wasnt TOO long

Bad, it shouldnt have happened at all, in a perfect world.

Any Rogers Reps that continue reading this.. the BIGEST thing that can be taken away, is communication.

I know you tried to keep ontop of it, and posted on facebook relitively quickly (as quick as you likely could, have to have the post 'screened' by legal, etc likely).  You were GREAT on this, durring the AMC stuff going on. 
But as a number said on facebook.. not everyone has cellphones or other inetnet access. 

MANY MANY people were calling in.  Unless something was put in towards the end.. there was no automated annoucemnt put on the phone system (wasnt there when i tried).
This is usualy peoples FIRST place to try.. so this needs to be the quickest updated.
Not expecting the SECOND it goes down.. but by the time its pretty much confirmed, something should be on the phone system (even if it doesnt say specifics, just a 'outages in some areas' thing).  This will also free up ALOT of congestion on the lines, for other customers calling in for other things.

I work with these phone systems.. its a relitively easy process to add one of these messages (on some, even have it saved, and just have to enable).
Food for thought Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Still down in Miramichi NB probably be the last one fixed Rogers sucks the big one
I've Been Here Awhile

Did everyone with access have to do a reset or unplug the power the get it up and running again?
Retired Moderator RogersSarah
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Internet is now being restored to Rogers customers in parts of Ontario and New Brunswick. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.”

I've Been Here Awhile

Not back in my part of Ottawa . Half Moon Bay
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Caddy wrote:
Did everyone with access have to do a reset or unplug the power the get it up and running again?

Shouldnt, no.

I am not at home actualy.. was remote connected to my PC at home, from work.

Once it was back up, could connect right away again, nothing changed at home (no one is there).