Other tv's not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Other tv's not working

Okay so we had the orignal digital ROD box, then decided to downgrade to just basic cable. Now we have decided to upgrade again. Just had an install of a bundled package deal, with that New netbox 3.0, and now every other tv in the house will not work....why? are we being forced to buy whole home to make anything else work?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Other tv's not working

How many outlets are you paying for as part of your package?

You don't need whole home, bu you need to pay for your outlets.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did you install the new box, etc? or did a tech install it?

They may have removed a splitter, etc, which removed it from the other TVs.

(the other TVs, will only get the few remaining analog channels, etc that havent been removed yet)

Depending on the package, as was mentioned, was the # of outlets.. if you are on the BASE TV package, only technicaly includes the usage on one outlet, so tech may have removed something for the others

Updated Solution 2015

In order to confirm what you have included for outlets call in at 1-888-764-3771 or reach out to us via chat at 

echat.rogers.com

I've Been Here Awhile

Yea I realize we will only get the basic analog channels, thats all we had before when we had the ROD box, and thats fine.

The tech installed it. We are on the Digital Plus package, $$$$ to have it and lots of channels. It says in my billing it includes 2 outlets? If use a splitter, we don't require to add outlets?

I was thinking the same that he ran another line in and took our splitter off and installed his own. There is also this box on the wall, he says its for the home phone, does any of the Tv's run through that? You would think the guy would of said something about the other TV's not going to work, Not just left nd its something we have to figure out for ourselves.

bnot really a happy customer right now with the lack of communication!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

2 outlets, one being used for your digital box, and one for your home phone.

To have ANY box activated, needs a digital outlet.

Now.. for analog.. TECHNICALY, they only supported X amount of outlets (depending on your plan).  Now, nothing would prevent usualy someone from splitting it themselved... but they technicaly were not supported.

So, i would think, that they then would remove the lines to the other room, as they are not part of the package outlets you are paying for.

Afte the line into your house, it likely splits of and one goes to the home phone modem.. then the other split off to your TV with the box?
If you wanted to put a splitter back in yourself, the TV side there would be where you want to put it.  Now make sure its a GOOD splitter, that supports 2 way communication, or otherwise the digital box may not work properly.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks that makes sense, but still I think he should of mentioned that there would be an issue.

Yes one goes to the phone modem, one goes directly to the internet modem, and one looks like it is coming from outside? with deductions, this must be the cable TV?
So the splitter he has has three connections (one from outside, one to the phone modem and one to the internet modem) if we had a splitter with 4 outlets on it, and used the 4th as the line from the other tv's would that work, or NO? can't remember how we had it working before now.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that the one for the internet/phone are just on one and goes outside.. likely means, that there is a splitter outside (not uncommon.. i have this at my place.. feed from the street.. split outside, and 2 lines comming in. One for the net/phone, other off for the TVS.)

SO likely there is another line comming in, which is attached and goes to the tv with teh box on it.  Thats where youw want to add another splitter.

I do agree, they should have said something, even a 'you really shouldnt have these on' sort of thing when removing it, at least you are aware.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation