Option to leave group messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Option to leave group messages

I believe this is a carrier option as users in America can access it. I'll post a link to what I mean. 

But this option is not available on Rogers. If say someone with iMessage sends a message to 10 other people with iMessage you are screwed and stuck in that huge chat and get like 40+ texts a minute. No way of leaving the chat. If you delete it, then it comes back once someone writes a new message. 

here is a pic of what I mean.

http://www.sbgdata.com/data/IMG_1836.PNG

****Edited Labels****

****Edited Labels****

This option is not available to Rogers customers. As you can see in the pic AT&T offer this option. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Option to leave group messages

Hello frayne182

Bell, Telus, Virgin & Rogers & Fido do NOT offer this. This could be a issue with Apple Canada & the carriers. This could be that the carriers do not want it OR Apple Canada does not want it for us here. No one will know the real truth here on why we do not get this option.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Seems to be a carrier option. Not related to anything iOS related. We have the same iOS version as the USA.  iOS 6.0.2

It makes me feel like its embedded in the carrier firmware, but not sure. Looking for some answers on why this option isn't available on specific carriers. Would be a nice feature to have. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello frayne182

Believe me, Rogers won't give any answers out. Many ask for answers and yet Rogers doesn't respond.

It is a carrier thing yet you can't get stuck with " ATT". None of the Canadian carriers have the option for " Leave Group messages" on the iPhone. Something else is in play here. While I would like it as well, its not only Rogers.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Truth. 

Just so annoying getting 100's of messages from a group you can't leave. 

Maybe one day.