Optical Sound NB3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Optical Sound NB3

Hi,

This problem has now happened 3 times.  When I switch channels, my sound will go from Digital to Pro Logic on my AV Control Stereo Receiver.  It stays on Pro Logic till I reboot the box.  NB2 never had that problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Peter R.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Optical Sound NB3

I haven't seen this myself, but will keep an eye out.

Your connected via the toslink optical audio cable to your avr?

Thanks GDkitty.

Yes to the toslink optical audio cable.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will try running mine through my AVR when i am able to, and see if i get the same flip.

there have been some people having some issues with HDMI audio issues in the middle of playback.. could be related.
Even though the TV doesnt directly do anything with DD or pro logic... it could be hanging if its fliping audio types like yours.

This is getting on my nerves now!!   I changed from component cables to HDMI, was working, now back to Pro logic from Digital!

Tried a new Optical cable = same results.  Also when I go to a radio station, the channel will freeze and rebooting the box 10 times will not unfreeze it!!

Will go and exchange the box (3rd time) and if it still doesn't work will try to get the 8300 box, if not then switch to Fibe!

I've had it!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, they wont give you an 8300 back.  Those are pretty much fully discontinued now.  YOu can still add them to an account, etc if you have one, etc... but they do not support them internaly as to handing them out, etc.

I find that my AVR flips between prologic and DD.. so it may depend on the feed.  Mostly found 2.0 source audio was in prologic vs ones pushing 5.1 (watch alot of cartoon stations for my 3 year old.. those tend to be 2.0)

I understand if you did switch over it.. totally frustrating Smiley Sad

Hopefully you have better luck there (know people who have had similar issues with Fibe.. though might be more signal related)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Square.

Sadly the stores will not give you back the 8300. Rogers has discontinued them and have been told not to give them out. Like GDkitty said, you can still add the SN on thr account if you buy one lets say from Red Hot Deals Or the Shopping Channel, but won't be supported after the warrant ends.

Thanks for the replies.   I really don't want to go back to the 8300, which I found to be the most stable, but the NB3 audio is driving me crazy, lol.

I like to use component cable for the video over the HDMI, I tried to use the HDMI cable for the audio issue, but the HDMI cable made the box freeze on the radio station channels.  Even rebooting the box 10 times, was still frozen.   Called Rogers to zap the box and he tell's me they can't??   It's just funny that after a day or so the AVR will switch from DD to Pro logic, and the AVR will stay on Pro Logic on all channels until I reboot.   Will try another NB3 and then I don't know...