One X 4.1.1 worth update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

One X 4.1.1 worth update?

Hello fellow One X users,

I saw in another post that some were having issues with the 4.1.1 update (specifically the keyboard).  Is this a widespread or uncommon issue?  (and are there any other issues that people are experiencing)

Someone had mentioned they reverted the 4.0.4.  If I encounter this keyboard issue, how hard is it to revert to the older version of android?

Basically, is it worth it to update to 4.1.1, or is it better to wait?

Eagerly awaiting JB :-S

David

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: One X 4.1.1 worth update?

Hello shanxk8

Yes many issues have had this problem. I saw it on the Rogers Facebook & Twitter page. The one thing i suggest, is downloading the Switft Keyboard app which just adds another keyboard on the phone & its better then the built in one.

There is no way to revert back to the 4.0.4 update at all. Even if you do a factory reset, it will just download the new update straight or even be there. Even if you revert back to the old OS, the phone will download & install the new update no matter what.

Honestly its worth it. Every single update on every single OS has issues. Everyone needs to understand that. Not keeping this update will be silly on the end.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, got the upgrade last night.  After looking around, mostly playing with Google Now, I hadn't noticed the keyboard issue, and thought i had escaped.  

It appeared in other apps this morning, but still not in google now.  Off to get a replacement, shame I actually quite liked the stock keyboard they had going...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shanxk8

I hope it does not happen on the replacement BUT the chances are slim as others are having the issue and you had it with a few other apps. I wonder if Rogers actually tested the update out before sending it out.

Hopefully this gets fixed up soon!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think i may have mis-spoken.  I was meaning a replacement keyboard (swiftkey).  Not a replacement phone...

But i've also notice the battery issue that someone posted about today.  Kinda getting less enthused about the JB update 😞

That said, I am really pleased with the performance improvements.  Everything about the way the phone works is so much smoother.  Keyboard and battery are unfortunate disapointments still.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shanxk8

Oh my bad then, I read it wrong.. Well the battery issue is known for a while even on the S3 after the JBupdate. The phone is amazing running JB even tho the problems with the battery and the keyboard issues:(
I'm Here A Lot

There are ways ti revert back to 4.0.4 if you really wish (I did with my S3). You need to back everything up first though because you will most likely have to completely clear the phone and start over fresh again.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Freddie_Sanders

Need i remind you that the S3 & HOX are to different devices.. You can do it BUT it will start issues & the update will come back anyways. So what is the point of doing all that, then the update comes back.
I've Been Here Awhile

is One X a phone? This is the first time ive ever heard of it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mayragilmartin

Yes it is. Its made from HTC. They manufacted the phone called HTC One X. Here is the phone:

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-x/