Once again, LG TV, LG Home Theatre and Digital HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Once again, LG TV, LG Home Theatre and Digital HD

I posted this before and got some answers but I want to see if anyone else can come up with something.

I have the following,

LG HDTV

LG Blu-Ray HOme Theatre

Rogers HD box.

Connect HDMI from Rogers box to Blu_Ray.  BR to TV HDMI (ARC-in)

Above doesn't give me picture.

Connect HDMI from Rogers to TV, and another HDMI from BR to TV. 

Above gives me pciture but no sound. (I can use RGA cables to get sound this way).

1)Shouldn't HDMI cables pass both video and audio?

2)Why does the ARC feature on my BR and TV not work?

It's very fustrating.

Thanks for any advice.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Once again, LG TV, LG Home Theatre and Digital HD

I remember your post from before. Did you ever switch the box? I forget.

I have almost the same model tv, and my box works with both straight into the tv and throught my receiver. So I don't thinks it's just a comparability issue, at min should not be with direct in.

I Plan to Stick Around

I switched the BR box but stiull the same issue.  I bought a new HDMI cable today that said it supported 1080P+3d+ARC but that didn't help either.

I'm really tired of issues with this but I know there must be a solution

I'm a Senior Advisor

I think GDKitty was wondering if you switched the Rogers box?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct, i meant the rogers box.

I could see the passthrough from the BR surround sound, potentialy being an issue/compatability thing.. where as mine works, but is a MUCH more expensive unit.

But this shouldnt prevent the direct from rogers box to tv from not working... thats the only thing that makes me beleive its the box.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will contact Rogers Tech and see what they say.  The lest time I called, they told me I had to use RCA cables for sound.  That doesn't make any sense.

I'm a Senior Advisor

They probably won't have an answer and will likely say the same thing.. I would exchange the box at the rogers store and try another one..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@burnside8157 wrote:

I will contact Rogers Tech and see what they say.  The lest time I called, they told me I had to use RCA cables for sound.  That doesn't make any sense.

Thats because, while the HDMI DOES work on these boxes.. they dont GUARANTEE that it does.

They only guarantee that the component video works, which you would then use RCA or optical for the audio.

I remember having this argument like 5 years ago when the 8300s were out, and the guys said that the HDMI doesnt work on the boxes, you HAVE to use the component. Um... NOPE.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow, that's retarded.  Even there site shows how to hook up HDMI and it's exactly how it should be but it doesn't work.  I'm a tech myself and I know the way I mentioned should work.  Maybe I will exchange the box tonight.  

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Without being there.. we tend to agree, that it SHOULD work the way you have it.  Thats what makes us think its the box.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation