On demand pause is too short.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dorrdon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

On demand pause is too short.

When we pause, when watching on-demand or SHOMI, after being on pause for about 90 seconds, it reverts back to the menu - this is on our cable box (CISCO/SA HD PVR).  It didn't use to be so short, we actually used to have time to go to the bathroom before it "Timed out". Is there a setting somewhere we can adjust how long on demand will stay paused?

[edit] We have an SA Explorer 8300 HD.

***Edited Labels***

RogersMoin

Re: On demand pause is too short.

Hello, @dorrdon

Thank you for your post, we tried replicating the issue on the box here and it can stay on pause for longer than 90 seconds. Have you tried rebooting the box yet?

@OLDYELLR - I believe you have the 8300HD box, are you seeing the similar issue on your box?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

dorrdon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

We've rebooted dozens of times since the short pause started. It's been quite a while we've been experiencing this, probably around 6 months or so, it might be as far back as when the on-demand menuing last changed.

This doesn't affect PVR behaviour that pause stays on for quite a while.

It only impacts on-demand and SHOMI.

90 seconds is an approximation. I am going to go and time it, and get the exact length of time and reply back. It used to work for a good 5 minutes, but hasn't for a long time.

dorrdon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I just timed it, it is longer than 90 seconds, I timed it at 122 seconds +/- 2 seconds. So I'm guessing it is set to time out at 2 minutes. Is there anyway to adjust this back to 5 minutes or so, like it used to be?

Also, I am in Brampton, if that is relevant.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

RogersMoin wrote:

@OLDYELLR - I believe you have the 8300HD box, are you seeing the similar issue on your box?

I don't have Shomi, but  my 8300HD reverts back to the ROD menu after about 2 minutes when paused. However, the movie or episode goes into Saved, so I can resume watching it, even after shutting the TV/PVR off. Yes, a 90 or 120 second timeout is a bit soon, but I expect an infinitely long pause would take up resources if you just went away and didn't return to watching if something else came up.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
dorrdon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Thanks for confirming I'm not going nuts.

But, I swear the timeout used to be longer, more like ~5 minutes.

I know they show up in my saved folder, I just find it a bit of a pain.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, a timeout similar to pausing a recording would be better.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
albank
I've Been Here Awhile

It pauses for 2 min which is WAY to short to do anything. It's so frustrating that you cant even go to the bathroom, or answer the phone or the door without it going back to the first guide and playing the same advertizing music you hear over and over. If anyone finds a fix for this I would be so greatful!! 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@albank:

Instead of hitting pause, hit the stop button.  The programme will resume again in 2 minutes, but at least it'll still be watchable and you can rewind if you're a bit longer, or stop it again if someone is there.

albank
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, 57! I didnt think of that. At least its the better of two evils. 🙂