On demand movies, volume really low?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

On demand movies, volume really low?

We watched an HD movie last night on ROD, and the volume was really low!  I run optical audio out of my HD box in to my yamaha receiver.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Or is it my receiver's problem?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: On demand movies, volume really low?

It might depend on the settings of your Yamaha. I think ROD only sends stereo sound and not 5.1.. So you might notice it quieter is your receiver is only using 2 speakers..

I've Been Around

Hello - followup question on this topic. We also experience low volume while watching Rogers On-Demand, downloaded movies. Our configuration is as follows:  Basic rogers digital cable service. less that one year old Samsung 32 inch flat screen TV and less then one year old new, Sony sound bar as well. While watching normal TV shows using the sound bar, the volume is fine. But when watching a Rogers On Demand downloaded movi, we can hear it but the volume is much lower than when watching TV. Suggestions....thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

I found that happening on Herbie Fully Loaded, the talking was low and there was a strange track over it that didn't match... It sounded possessed and was out of sync slightly