cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand problems

JWillis
I've Been Here Awhile

I am a new Rogers customer & am very excited for the On Demand & Shomi services. The content is amazing.. when I can get it. At this moment tonight I can't get any On Demand or Shomi to work. A few nights ago none of the HD programming was working but some of the SD was.The last 2 nights none of the kids programming is available. tonight when we pick a show the screen goes black & nothing happens. I can't  see how restarting the boxes would make a difference because for most of the day it's working fine then at night it craps out. I'm in the east end of Toronto so signal problems shouldn't be an issue. 1 other frustrating thing is for instance I started watching The League & up to this week every episode from Season1-6 was available. Now only 1-5 is on the HD section while only 3 episodes of season 4 (out of 13) are available on SD. Kindly help please

***edited labels***

67 REPLIES 67

Re: On Demand problems

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @JWillis

Are you getting any error pop ups? I would always suggest rebooting as the first step for ROD issues.

Any other suggestions @Gdkitty @OLDYELLR ?

Feel free to chime in Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

JWillis
I've Been Here Awhile

So we rebooted the upstairs PVR last night. All of the recorded shows diappeared & the shows that are scheduled to record are not even though they are still listed to do so. Please don't say reboot. As far as missing seasons for shows, they are still not showing as well after the reboot.

Hello @JWillis,

It's strange that you lost all your recordings and settings by rebooting the box. That should not have happened unless you do a factory restore from the box. I can look further into this issue by running a diagnostic test on your cable lines to see if they are within spec. I'm going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I am having the same problem, but some nights rebooting helps and some nights it does nothing. I have called and asked Rogers to help, but they have not answered back yet and I am still constantly rebooting, praying I can watch a show on demand. Has anyone else had this problem and gotten it fixed? Really sick of rebooting my cable box.

So far, we've changed cable boxxes, rebooted far too many times to count and it keeps coming back. The really weird part, the cable box in the basement never has a problem. This is what I get to watch On Demand. Fun!

20151112_172917_resized.jpg

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

This has to be a signal issue.  OD needs a good 2-way connection.

Check your signal strength.  Hold EXIT on your remote until the power light blinks.  Then press DOWN DOWN 2.  Look at your Power(dBmV) number.  White numbers mean a good strong signal.  Yellow means its pushing the bounds of acceptability.  Red means a poor signal.

Hello @RobandJen,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I can certainly look into your account and run a diagnostic test on your cable lines to determine if your signals are in spec.

Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Jejans
I've Been Here Awhile

I redeemed points tonight so as to watch a movie. Rogers on demand is not working. It hangs, and then shuts off the next box. Three reboots later, no difference.

Hello, @Jejans

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. Is it not working after it loads the movie? Are you able to play other videos from On Demand?

Thank you for rebooting the box. I can try to reinitialize the box, addressing the issue involves in accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps.

Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding!

RogersMoin

Jejans
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm confused now. I went through 3 reboots and gave up. We are watching previously recorded programs because we could not access anything on Rogers on demand. When it started to load our movie, the next box turned itself off. I'm not happy about redeeming points and then not getting to watch a movie. We've moved on. We won't watch a movie tonight.

Suenoo
I've Been Around

Getting continue button before the end of On Demand program (Fargo).  Fix this please.

Hello @Suenoo,

There have been OnDemand problems since November 21, Rogers is aware of the issues and are working to fix it. 

jbrtyuo
I Plan to Stick Around

The on demand server is experiencing difficulty in playing the program you have selected.

The past 4 weekends i've tried to use points to watch a new release and can't.  4 weeks ago, I browsed the movies, redeemed a reward bonus online, went back to the PVR to enter the PIN to watch a movie and boom the 8642 box  rebooted.   After it it rebooted - ROD corrupt database error.   After Googling that error code  I didn't bother trying to watch until the database refreshed the following weekend.

I do not need to reset my box.  It's been hard reset, soft reset, power outage reset, reset again and again and i'm about to reset it out of the house along with Rogers services.  The 8642 PVR is so horribly slow and under powered and this ROD issue is driving me nuts.  

We are able to watch movie previews, Rogers on demand popular tv shows, etc.  I can cotrol my PVR with the Rogers App.  So Rogers on demand functions on everything but PPV / Rewards redemptions - two way communication is not an issue.

When I attempt to play 2 different movies over the past 3 weekends (several attempts), the ROD system accepts my PIN, the system indicates "loading" then .....

"The on demand server is experiencing difficulty in playing the program you have selected." 

Marvel - Age of Ultron or Mad Maxx both fail to play. Last weekend I reported the problem  via the phone, and RogersHelps .........  this weekend - the same issue no change. 

What's the on going difficulty the on demand server is experiencing Rogers ?   

Hello @jbrtyuo,

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with the OnDemand service. Have you called in regarding this issue and gotten a ticket escalated? 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

jbrtyuo
I Plan to Stick Around

I phoned the help desk to report the problem two weekends ago.   At the time they offered a phone call back in 48hrs to advise the issue has been resolved.  But at that point Saturday movie night has come and gone.  I declined to recieve the 48hr callback,  but requested the ticket be pushed up for resolution.   The lady I was speaking with at the helpdesk indicated that would happen.   A week later the issue is still present.   I didn't phone in again this past weekend.  I wasn't in the mood to spend time talking to a help desk, when everything seems ok at my end, and the error message appears server side.  Also the Helpdesk person indicates my account (with billing via email) doesn't have an associated email ... my  faith in the process is limited.   I may try again this coming weekend. 

bobbaggs
I've Been Around

Does anyone know whats going on with the On Demand services (ROD, Shomi, Movie Netork OD etc)

A couple of months ago I upgraded my rental PVR from NetBox 2 to NetBox 3. 

Two weeks ago none of the On Demand channels would work on my NetBox3. Called Tech support they said there was a known problem and it should be resolved shortly.

BTW All the On Demand servises work on my owned NetBox 2 PVR and HD teminals, on the smae cable outlet so its not signal or anything in my residance

Called them again, and the sent a tech out to replace my NetBox 3, he tried 4 different units with same result no On Demand, left me with my original NetBox 3, saying that they are working on the problems with the "A" team.

Called support again and asked to go back to a NetBox 2. They said they could not do that as I upgraded ??????

Very very frustrated and tempted to switch to Bell.

Thx

try calling in and asking for a signal strength test on your Nextbox 3.0... you will need the serial number

if you don't have a booster on your cable line where it enters your residence, ask Rogers to install one (assuming you're in a house or townhome).

Any updates on this issue? Mine is still out showing Server not available error on all on-demand channels.

Hi @bobbaggs, any updates on the issues you were having? Please let me know. 

@ChuckNorris, Welcome to the Community :). 

Have you gone through the basic troubleshooting steps? Can you reboot the box? (Unplug power cord and plug it back in after 10 seconds). After the reboot, try getting back into OnDemand and let me know if it works. If not, I can run a signal test on your cable lines and proceed with further troubleshooting. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

This has been an issue since the day I ordered a new cable package with on demand channels around the end of October. I have rebooted my box about 20 times now, a tech has been in to troubleshoot, he escalated the issue for me and then it was 2 months of me getting an auto generated "we are still working on this problem" email every week. I tried calling tech support which actually made the issue worse (I had 3 of 6 on demand channels working before calling, after I was left with all 6 not working). I did get a refund for the services that I never recieved but was something I had to request. It's entering the third month now that this issue has still been unresolved. As much as it sucks having the service down I can understand that these things happen, but what is really bothering me is Rogers lack of communication on the whole issue.

Is this something affecting many users that should have a resolution coming that will restore service to us all or are you dealing with this on a case by case basis?

Is there any sort of timeline on when a fix will be implemented?

Will a refund for the service that was sold but not delivered be automatically refunded or will that be something I'll have to haggle for?

Basically any answer other than "We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience as our technical teams work on a resolution.  We will keep you informed on the ticket status and will contact you as soon as an update is available." would be nice. As I stated previously, it's entering the third month of the service interruption. At this point I'm seeing if posting these questions on public sites (here & twitter) will help get this ball rolling as patience has seemed to have little to no effect at all.

@ChuckNorris

I can understand your frustration regarding this issue. There are some customers that are experiencing issues with OnDemand but we have to handle it case by case as not every issue is the same. There are many factors that can cause issues with OnDemand such as signal issues or equipment related hardware/software issues. If you already have a tickets escalated for this issue, I can certainly have a more detailed look into your account to see what we can do to troubleshoot further. Please send a PM to @CommunityHelps when you are online. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Topic Stats