cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Demand problems

JonnieWahlker
I've Been Around

Hey everyone - I'm not able to view any of the on-demand options and hope you can help.  I can find programs, select tv episodes (as an example) and select "play".  What happens is, when it starts "loading", it then boots me to the "you may also like" screen (options there are "play again" or "cancel"). This happens with on-demand movies too. No problem watching live channels.

I tried online chat help (they were having problems accessing customer accounts though - so no luck there), phone help (was told Rogers would call me back within 24-48 hours to help resolve the issue - got a pre-recorded message this morning saying the problem was resolved - it wasn't). I've also rebooted the box (Cisco Netbox Explorer 4642HD) at least five times.

Anyone experience this problem and/or have a solution on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dave

108 REPLIES 108

Re: On-Demand problems

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor
So I've been getting automated calls from Rogers almost weekly letting me know that they're still working on the Internet issue I reported back in May where my pings would go up, download speeds would drop, and packet loss would increase...all after 9pm on an almost nightly basis. I would also have problems with OnDemand service where movies/shows would fail to load or would play but stutter or cut in and out frequently. Since being upgraded to a Casa CMTS, my internet issues have pretty much cleared up but OnDemand is still pretty terrible. Attempting to watch The Revenant tonight (9:30pm) on TMN OnDemand. It freezes and stutters every few minutes. Tried a couple other movies and the experience is the same. Can a Rogers tech please confirm whether or not Rogers is actually looking into these problems. They've been having issues with OnDemand since the beginning of time and I fear that they'll never truly fix it until the launch of IPTV. I think I speak for thousands when I say I'm getting pretty darn tired of these issues.

thomask
I Plan to Stick Around

So, last time I watched a movie on Rogers on Demand, I had the option of stopping a movie part way through, and coming back later, or on another unit to watch again.

Tonight I discover that it's no longer there.

Play

Delete from playlist

cancel

There used to be 'Continue' or similar on the list and its no longer there.

This is a major pain, specially on the much slower recievers which don't seem to fast forward near as fast.  Its also a LARGE PAIN when you're 30-60-90 minutes or more into a movie.  I don't really feel like sitting there, and trying to fast forward to a spot that I had to exit from, OR GOT KICKED OUT OF on accident or via system issue.

BTW, I'm refering to 'pause but exit to menu' and 'pause for far to long so ROD takes a kaniption fit' and forces you to exit to ROD menu...

If this is not something thats returning, or is gone for good, I will be forced to either buy the movies from amazon, netflix them when/if they come available, or possibly find another means to watch what I want to watch...

Hi @toolcubed,

Do you have a case currently open for ROD? If you do please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can escalate it for you.

@thomask we have identified the issue you've described and are currently working on it.  Please stay tuned!

RogersZia

SAM60
I've Been Around

Why are we having to watch the same commericial 12 times during a 48 minute show? I have no problem with there being commercial. This has recently happened with all on demand programming, it's a turn off to watching the show!

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @SAM60,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thank you for your feedback, we always encourage feedback from our users!

Cheers

RogersCilio

Why does the HD version of all shows not get added at the same time as non-HD?  I have noticed HD versions post a day or two after non-HD.

Lunder18
I've Been Here Awhile

Small rant

I've had Rogers for about a year or two now with HBO on demand.

For a premium service, it always surprises me how inconvenient it is to find episodes in the index. I often find half a series in HBO (channel 1064) and the other half in TMN (channel 1062) meaning I have to go hunting between the channels. Other times there are sub folders in an on demand channel where some of a series is hidden. The search function seems unable to find these often.

Overall, it feels like the company is just lazy and illogical in how the HBO on demand is organized.

I'm hoping someone in the company finds this post and tries to fix the problem. All it would take a little attention to detail and a focus on customer service to fix it...

BrandonHopkins2
I Plan to Stick Around

My Explorer 4290's On Demand services are not responding, because all of VOD channels have an error SRM-8001 so I need help fixing it.

BrandonHopkins2
I Plan to Stick Around
But shomi is no longer available as of November 30, 2016. I have to use Rogers On Demand to see what's there.

Hello, @BrandonHopkins2

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. 

Have you noticed any other symptoms like a black screen on channels, pixelation etc? Is On Demand not working on other boxes as well assuming you have more than one box?

Your 4290 box is running SARA guide and rebooting the box should resolve the SRM8001 error. Have you tried rebooting the box yet?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I tried rebooting the box, but the SRM 800 error is still there. It all started when I was watching Timber Kings on HGTV On Demand, the screen freezes, causing the on demand service to have technical difficulties, same as other VOD channels. That's why my SARA guide is been in maintenance.

We have had our box replaced 4 times in 13 months. Senior tech just left, still can't resolve this issue. He changed wires, thinks it might be an issue with our year old building. Problem started in November. When you start the program it doesn't play and statusee bar freezes. No follow up from Rogers. Please help, thinking of Bell! Thanks

BrandonHopkins2
I Plan to Stick Around

The on-demand problems have been solved, because I added an addition to the package, Anime Network On Demand (Channel 210).

Lunder18
I've Been Here Awhile
Trying to watch curb your enthusiasm and have had to hunt through 4 different on demand channels to find the various episodes because they are poorly organized...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lunder18:

Did you try the search function (press * on the remote).  You don't need to be in the ROD channels, but this search seems to favour ROD.  I'm not sure if this will give you enough episode information, but at least it should direct you to the appropriate ROD channel.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Hmm... I didn't realize that there was more than one ON Demand channel. I always assumed that ch. 100 was the only option. What are the others and what do they provide?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77:

There are a huge number of OD channels:

CHRG

Duck

Food

HBO

Family

Hollywood Suite

Multi-Cultural

Out

Rogers Kids

ROD

Super Ecran

TMN
Treehouse

Vivid

WWE

etc.

These are scattered all over the dial depending on your location, although you should be able to find them using search in AnyPlace or downloading the (overall) channel guide from Rogers' website.  I have no idea what some of these are as I watch very little OD.

Lunder18
I've Been Here Awhile
This is for HBO. For some reason on HBO shows you need to search through 1062, 1065, 1064 and 1067 because sometimes random episodes will be on one of the different channels but not the others...it just doesn't make sense that these aren't organized more effectively...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lunder18

My the looks of your channel numbers, you must be in Atlantic Canada?  Here in Ontario, if I press "*" to bring up the search functionality of the IPG I searched for "Curb" and was immediately presented with about 50 SD and 50 HD episodes, listed by season and episode number and all were on channel 311.

The search results also provided several other episodes which are coming up on the HBO channel itself in the next week.

Do you have search in Atlantic Canada?  Perhaps Rogers needs to do things differently there due to the use of Motorola equipment and different server interfaces.

Recently I've noticed that when you try to pause an On Demand show or movie it doesn't pause but rather restarts the whole show/movie. This is really very annoying as with tv shows you can't fast forward and with movies the fast forward is slow. Is there a fix for this?

@Football_boy13

This issue has been discussed quite a few times on this forum in the various on-demand threads.  There are a couple of suggested workarounds that may or may not work.

1. Instead of pressing "pause", press "stop".  The programme will restart in 2 minutes, but at least you may not lose your place.

2. Another option is possibly to hit "play" before you hit any of the other buttons. This may "wake up" the connection with the server.

Good Luck.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?