On Demand and various channels not working.......

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

On Demand and various channels not working.......

So, for a couple of days now, my On Demand feature, and various other channels are not working.  On Demand - nothing shows up.  Just a blank screen.  And for the channels that won't work, it says it is authorizing, and then says the channel is not currently available.  We have synced things, rebooted the box, and unplugged it and plugged it back in.  Nothing.  Any ideas on what I should do next?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: On Demand and various channels not working.......

This is usually a signal issue.

Try the simple things first....tighten your coax connections at every visible point....back of the box, at the wall, at any visible splitters you might have.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And if  that has no effect, call tech support, indicate to the CSR that you are having problems with some of the channels and ask the CSR to run a signal check on the cable box.  Assuming that you have Rogers internet as well, if you log into your modem, and navigate to the STATUS.... DOCSIS WAN page, your downstream signal levels should be around 0 dBmV.  If yours are really low, below -10 dBmV for example, then you definitely have signal issues, and it will be time to have a tech inspect / replace the external cable and or connectors, which is pretty common as they don't last forever.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can it be a signal issue, even if I'm still able to watch some channels, but not others?
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @slb260,

It can certainly be a signal issue. I'd have to run a signal test on your lines first and then we can proceed with further troubleshooting as needed. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks @Datalink and @Lurker for jumping in to assist :). 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Easiest way to eplain it..

Is that there is signal on the line.. but its not pushing you whatever channel when you ask for it.
It is actually pushing ALL channels at the same time.
How they do this.. is the line uses a wide range of frequecies..  I forget the exact values, but but for examples sake lets say 100mhz to 2000mhz.

Generally the power and the signal may be ok across most of that frequency.  But there could be say only an issue at one side of it.. 100-300mhz.   That would only effect the channels, etc that fall into THAT range

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,  for the past few days when I access ondemand I get the message "check back periodically for programing"  I have reset box twice and still same message???

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

its most likely a signal or communication issue.  contact rogers to have them remotely check your connection, and they can also rauthorize the box.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks I'll give that a try.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @FrankieMilo,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I can help you here. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks,

RogersHassam