On Demand TV Shows Audio Out Of Sync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre291
I've Been Here Awhile

On Demand TV Shows Audio Out Of Sync

No problem when watching TV shows directly. Resetting works only for a while. Dialogues and pictures out of sync when watching on demand tv shows (tried on several shows just to make sure). Any help will be welcome.

***EDITED LABELS***

RogersMoin

Re: On Demand TV Shows Audio Out Of Sync

Hello, @andre291

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The audio out of sync for On Demand content or for any channel could be related to the RF signal. I appreciate resetting the box. When did you first notice the issue? Is it happening on all the boxes assuming you have more than one box?

I understand the inconvenience associated with the issue, we can definitely work towards the resolution. Looking forward to your response. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

andre291
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersMoin

No problem with the other box - 4250HD.

Just got the new box on Saturday but did not use the On Demand before Monday.

Problem started the very first time I tried on demand TV shows.

andre

RogersMoin

Hello, @andre291

Congratulations on your new box! Hope you are enjoying it except for On Demand. It should not matter, however, which model is it? Is the new box plugged into a new Coax port/outlet(which was not in use before)?

Since the other box is not experiencing the same issue, it's likely an issue with a certain range of frequencies reaching the new box. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can access your box and run diagnostics on it. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

andre291
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks to be working after I switched the Audio from Dolby Digital to Other.

But still cannot figure out why I have to press Other each day even though it is showing as marked.

Thank you all for the help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@andre291 wrote:

But still cannot figure out why I have to press Other each day even though it is showing as marked.

What do you mean press "other". Are you talking about going into Settings - Audio - Audio Output and selecting other?  Does it not stay selected when you power down the box?

If you're using an HDMI connection, then each time you start the box it "shakes hands" with the TV (or AVR (audio video receiver) if you're using one) and perhaps it goes back to DD?

If that's what's happening, you may wish to turn off the HDMI-CEC feature of your TV or AVR and then this may not happen...  BTW, other = downconverted PCM audio which should be fine with a TV, but would be "inferior" for an AVR.

In addition, some TVs have synch issues with certain picture modes. You may wish to try another picture mode like "Cinema" or "Theatre" or similar where there is less processing and fewer synch issues.