On Demand Movie

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

On Demand Movie

I watched the movie "The Imitation Game" on "ON Demand" using Rogers Rewards program.

The movie indicated Closed Captions, however could not make them operate on this movie on a relatively new Sony Smart TV.

The sound on this movie is impossible for the hearing impaired. Between noisy background noise and mumbly speech, I missed at least 50% of the dialog.

Any idea why this happened. Is it possible that in fact no captions were included with this movie?

Every other programming from Netbox 3 programs that indicated  closed captions were included worked OK.

This was a premium movie with a $6.99 price tag.

Robert241.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: On Demand Movie

I seldom watch On Demand movies but do watch downloaded movies on my Samsung smart TV. I often find the sound on the movies substandard. However, I have a pair of Sony wireless headphones which sound a lot better than the TV speakers.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply, however, it does not answer my prblem.  I need closed captions on the movie.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Were you trying to do the closed captions via the TV itself?
As those will (would?) only work with analog / digital OTA pushed through CCing

You would need to turn it on via the rogers box... how, varries on which box you have

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't have a NB3, so can't confirm, but check this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

If INFO doesn't work, maybe the movie does not have CC available.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was trying to use Captions using Netbox3. This was my first On Demand paid movie. I will try another as I have sufficient points to do so.

If this fails also, I will repost.

My first movie indicated CC, and did not work. The next one I have in mind will also indicate CC and I will check back, if it works  or does not.

Netbox3 has been reliable on On demand from the point of view of turning CC on or off, if CC was indicated.

Appreciate the help from yourself and @OLDYELLR.

Robert241. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I ordered another movie which indicated it was closed captioned and the captions worked.

I do not understand why the previous movie that also indicated CC did not work.

Thanks for advice from OLDYELLR and Gdkitty.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i just found this thread while trying to solve the same problem: an on demand movie says it has cc but you can't turn it on. 

Here's how I got it to work. I left rogers on demand and went to a tv station. I pressed the info button and turned the cc on.  I then went back on and resumed my movie. Bingo, closed captioning. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You don't have to leave OD. Here are the new instructions for CC. Works for OD and for when watching recordings:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...