On Demand Error message

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

On Demand Error message

Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem or know what is wrong..after numerous calls to tech support nobody seems to know what the issue is.  This is what comes up when I hit play on an on demand show:  

In order to start cable service for this device, please contact your cable provider.

Cable Card ID: 

Host ID

Data

Unit Address:

Card S/N 

I did not add the numbers listed for each ID.   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: On Demand Error message

Hello hkj67

Which cable box do you have? I never had this message pop up on my 8300,8642,4642 & 9865 box within the last few years i had them.

Could be a issue with the box?
I've Been Here Awhile

It is the netbox dcx3400 - m.  I have two other regular boxes in two other rooms and on demand is working on those regular digital boxes.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hkj67

That must be a Motorola box. I have no clue on those boxes as here in Ontario we don't have those boxes. Hopefully a user with that no can answer your question but not many have that box :(.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not too familiar with the Atlantic Boxes, but the error message seems to indicate the box is looking for CableCard information.....except I don't think Rogers Atlantic uses CableCard.

I would see if I can swap the box for a new one, which should be easy if the box is a rental.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some of the boxes out there maybe are cable card capable? It's just not used? And has defaulted to be looking for it?

The Cisco ones here are usually custom models, that don't/can't use cablecard at all
(I think they have a seperate rsa security card or something inside)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

You are correct. Some cable boxes use cable cards to work. I remember some old ones with Rogers had cable cards but never were used. Some Bell boxes were like that too.

This specific model has a cable card slot and it might need a cable card to work. I searched up the box model and saw it.

The OP is better of going to the store and explaining what is going on. Exchanging the box is a good idea but see if the reps at the store can help out a bit.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation