cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old IPG v new IPG.

shamrock2007
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, I currently have two Rogers 3.0 HD PVRs in my home. Both these machines have the new IPGs (Interactive Program Guides).  I hate this form of IPG.  I much preferred the IPG that came with my old 2.0 machine.

I have two questions … Is there any way possible that I can get the old IPG version to work in both my 3.0 machines and replace the newer versions?

Failing that, in the new version every time I fast forward or pause, a black banner shows at the bottom of the screen (covers about a quarter of the screen) and seems to stay on display forever. Is there a way to prevent this banner from showing at all or at least shorten it’s display time?  I know I can adjust the transparency but I want to eliminate it altogether.

***Edited labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Old IPG v new IPG.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

When the new IPG was introduced there was the option to revert to the familiar old one, but that was just a limited time dal and is no longer available. You can get rid of the banner covering a quarter of your screen by pressing the Exit button.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

robindp
I'm an Advisor
Question for you - what specifically don't you like about the new IPG?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp wrote:
Question for you - what specifically don't you like about the new IPG?

I didn't really pay much attention to it when the change was available, but images I saw didn't excite me. Basically, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation