Official Rogers Update: Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.2 OS Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)

@Cormer

Hi everyone,

The Android 2.2 OS update for the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate is now available for download through Samsung’s website at:  http://www.samsung.com/androidupgrade. Be sure to select the one marked “Samsung S Captivate” from the list.

Note that anyone looking to upgrade must have Kies 1.5 installed in order to run the upgrade.

Contacts should be backed up as part of the upgrade, but we recommend backing up and restoring your own data as the update can erase personal data.

***edited labels***

Highlighted

@community

Hi everyone,

The Android 2.2 OS update for the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate is now available for download through Samsung’s website at: http://www.samsung.com/androidupgrade. Be sure to select the one marked “Samsung S Captivate” from the list.

Note that anyone looking to upgrade must have Kies 1.5 installed in order to run the upgrade.

Contacts should be backed up as part of the upgrade, but we recommend backing up and restoring your own data as the update can erase personal data.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Official Rogers Update: Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.2 OS Upgrade

I have done everything according to the link you have provided but Kies will not connect to my phone. Upon checking Google it is common knowledge that Kies is nothing but a buggy piece of junk. The latest drivers have been updated and Touchwiz is the default launcher. What's happening is that Kies is just in limbo saying connecting to device but nothing happens. Your thoughts on this?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

kaj,, what version of windows are using,, this seems to be the issue,,,

if you can get your hands on a xp system,, all is good there,,,

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

erin is this OS any different then the one released by samsung on Jan 06/11,,

if so what is the difference,,

and is it suggested that anyone that updated the 6th updated,, to update to this one???

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How does Rogers recommend backing up one's own data?  Is there a recommended app or method we should use?  Is this update approved for use on the Rogers version of the Captivate?

Thanks!

Highlighted

@northy

Hi,

The earlier version was unsupported but now, customers can get support by following the noted support path at http://www.samsung.com/androidupgrade.

Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

erin,, i understand that part of it,,,

my question is , is it any different then what was released,, ??

as you know i did the earlier update, so kies do not seem to think i need a update,, which makes me wonder if there is any difference between todays and last weeks??

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I second this question.

I updated to Froyo from Kies last week. Is there any difference between this official update and the "unofficial" one last week?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I second this question.

I updated to Froyo from Kies last week. Is there any difference between this official update and the "unofficial" one last week?

Thanks!