[Official] Google Nexus Factory Images - Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

[Official] Google Nexus Factory Images - Questions

Hey, so I have a few questions, and I hope that you could answer them in detail, because I have received a few pointers here and there, but I need full, definite answers. Thanks in advance.

1. Stupid question, but can I use the ones here?
  2. ^^ If so, then how do I do so? I can't find any simple guides that really walk you through (for people who aren't familiar with programming and whatnot.
  3. If I I use a factory image for my Google Nexus device, will this affect my three-year term with Rogers in any sort of way? I need a definite answer.

Again, thanks in advance.

Also, I hope this can be an official thread for anyone else who needs help with these three main questions.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: [Official] Google Nexus Factory Images - Questions

you would use

"Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)
Android 4.0.4 (IMM76I)
Android 4.1.1 (JRO03C)"

And of course since im assuming you want jellybean you'll want the 4.1.1 JRO03C

I'll personally PM you a link since rogers will probably remove it, but you should be able to find all the info you need on fastbooting and unlocking your bootloader in that link

The only affect flashing this rom will be that rogers may void your warranty through them, otherwise nothing else should be affected

I'm running a SGS2 right now, but im downloading the file i suggested to you so ill come back with a edit on how to properly install without the link for anyone else interested

*EDITED* For all other users i suggest PM'ing me if your interested and label it 4.1.1 Nexus so I can send you the link. Because unless you know your way around Command codes either in Cygwin/Windows/Linux/Mac you won't be able to push this file to your phone as you NEED the fastboot command from the Android-SDK files

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

you would use

"Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)
Android 4.0.4 (IMM76I)
Android 4.1.1 (JRO03C)"

And of course since im assuming you want jellybean you'll want the 4.1.1 JRO03C

I'll personally PM you a link since rogers will probably remove it, but you should be able to find all the info you need on fastbooting and unlocking your bootloader in that link

The only affect flashing this rom will be that rogers may void your warranty through them, otherwise nothing else should be affected

I'm running a SGS2 right now, but im downloading the file i suggested to you so ill come back with a edit on how to properly install without the link for anyone else interested

*EDITED* For all other users i suggest PM'ing me if your interested and label it 4.1.1 Nexus so I can send you the link. Because unless you know your way around Command codes either in Cygwin/Windows/Linux/Mac you won't be able to push this file to your phone as you NEED the fastboot command from the Android-SDK files

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What does the warranty include, exactly? Is it absolutely necessary, or is it something that isn't that important? Also, received your PM; thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Warranyt as in if your device breaks or hard bricks due to user error (ie installing non rogers approved firmware) rogers wont do their replacement coverage
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh. Are these Google factory images Rogers-approved? Or at least, are they safe enough so as to not have my Nexus brick? xD I bought my Nexus at like 220 bucks or so, not including my data plan.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd assume that if you cant do an OTA update and have to flash the stock google image that rogers has to at least approve the .img file for their network and get their own little stamp on it
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So it's safe, but Rogers just takes a long of time to stamp their name all over it and approve it for their network, even if it's been approved by everyone else?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

exactly its like how it took us SGS2 owners 3 extra months after rogers recieved the ICS firmware from Samsung to push it out to us
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, because my mother has an HTC, and only a week ago she got upgraded from 2.something to 4.0.3 or whatever, and I thought, what the...

I Plan to Stick Around

I have officially flashed to 4.1.1 Factory Image from Google Developers. Woohoo!