OPT-OUT / PRIVACY issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

OPT-OUT / PRIVACY issues

Why, after opting-out of 3rd party contact/direct mail YEARS ago, do i still get texts/JD Power emails/letters from the ROgers CEO?

one of the first things i did when i first started using the "MyRogers" part of the Rogers.com website was "opt-out" of ALL forms of 3rd party/direct communication (including texts, direct mail, emails, etc.). Yet, i continue to receive "offers" from the CEO in the mail, spam text messages from Rogers offering me ski tickets and whatnot, and yesterday, some sort fo survey email from JD Power & Associates.

I've called customer service directly before to point out these issues and to request that the opt-out actually be... recognized? enforced?

For me, good customer service includes ACTUALLY LISTENING to customers!

If you offer an "opt-out", HONOUR IT!

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: OPT-OUT / PRIVACY issues

Best i can sugest, is try to enable, the re disable the choices in the myrogers.. it may have forgotten them.
(remember, that CHECKED means opt out in there.. not unchecked).

Are you getting direct mailing? (you name on it) in the mail, or just the mass mailing?  nothing can be done about the mass stuff, its blanket sent to EVERY household.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I'm able to opt out without any problems. As Gdkitty said, make sure you're using check marks beside the things you want to opt out of. The only issue I have is when I try to opt out of receiving text marketing messages, it tells me I don't have a mobile phone, despite that I've had one with Rogers for the last 5 years. I called in about it a long time ago and the person on the phone fixed it, although it doesn't show any differently on the web site.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've opted-out of everything, and called to complain, confirming... CONFIRMING... with Rogers support that I'm not going to get any texts or emails... a half-dozen times in as many years.

Got another text today, and can't even find where in the website this setting is now...

Not going to bother calling them again - it's just a waste of time.

I just wish I had the resources & time to launch a class-action lawsuit against Rogers, for violating their own privacy policy, as well as the federal do-not-call list.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @David_R,

I can certainly understand the feeling of receiving unwanted SMS text messages. We would certainly love to assist you with this process.

When you are next online, sends us a PM to @CommunityHelps and we will be glad to assist. 

RogersRoland