ON DEMAND not being updated and very sparse programming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ON DEMAND not being updated and very sparse programming

Rogers promotes On Demand, yet what they are offerring hardly seems worthwhile of promotion.  Here in Newfoundland we get VERY limited networks in the On Demand section. 

Global's On Demand section has not been updated in months and it is down to ONLY ONE SHOW in the On Demand section.  CITY TV also has not had any new programs added to it over the past SEVERAL WEEKS. 

Why isn't someone employed by Rogers to keep on top of the On Demand programming?  They should have someone arranging for On Demand programming from additional networks and someone who is on top of making sure the On Demand section is being added to. 

ROGERS, WHY IS THE ON DEMAND SECTION SO SPARSE AND WHY ISN'T IT BEING UPDATED?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: ON DEMAND not being updated and very sparse programming

I'm glad someone else is seeing this at it has been bugging me. I remember being able to watch and bunch of new shows a week or two after they aired now you can't find anything. I missed an episode of The Office and figured I could get it on Global OnDemand but there is nothing. To me its seems to be a waste. Is it different in other parts of the country?

I've Been Around

I completely agree!  I've only been with Rogers less than five months and at first I really liked their On Demand option.  The selection was not too bad.. better than it is now for sure!  In the summer they had most episodes of Big Brother but then never had the show's finale.. what's the point?

Now it's never updated and there's nothing on it so definitely not worthy of promoting.

I Plan to Stick Around

I live in ontario and the ondemand seems to be different then what you have on the east cost in terms of  cbc/ctv/global/citytv almost every major show is ondemand.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Every province has different shows on Rogers on Demand. Here in Toronto we get most of the shows but some of the channels on the Rogers on demand have only 1 or 2 shows in them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers interest in providing content to the Atlantic Provinces has faded.  Many customers are convinced they could care less about competing anymore out here and recently in NB there has been a mass exodus to FIbreOP TV 2.0 with Rogers losing more and mors customers in the major centres.  It's a shame really considering Rogers still offers the best HD picture quality of any of the other choices.  They now carrry the flag of "we offer the least in HD" out here.  I know if I was a Rogers shareholder I would be pissed and demanding answers from the CEO as to why this is happening.   Then again, maybe he doesn't care either.

I've Been Around

I live in NB; same here.  No updates...

I've Been Here Awhile

When I lived in Ontario, I used to be able to watch most of my shows On Demand.  I was wondering what was going on now that I'm in NB.  It sucks as I didn't PVR many shows (due to HD taking up so much space).  My husband is away a lot and he gets caught up only with what I PVR or what's on OD.  But now I guess he'll miss out!  Thinking of switching to another TV provider as I'm sure On Demand is built into the pricing of what Rogers charges for me to have this service...even though there is nothing there!  Very disappointed 😞

I'm Here A Lot

I emailed Rogers about this and the response I got was that it is not their fault, it is the broadcasters for not sending them shows. I find this complete BS. It was also confirmed above to what I thought and that out here in NB we get nothing while Rogers customers in Ontario seem to be getting shows just fine. Is our price cheaper out here, doubt it. Not happy seeing as they always brag about the OnDemand service yet it is a joke.

I Plan to Stick Around

Moose

To be fair it is up to the networks but what i don't get is why is those on the east cost beeing left out.