ON DEMAND not being updated and very sparse programming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: ON DEMAND not being updated and very sparse programming

I dont  think it matters if its the east coast or not the on demand is starting to get terrible especially for TV shows not being updated properly, no rewinding, pausing or fast forwarding I know for a fact that I will be sending emails to the networks to find out what is going on..it looks like they want everyone to get a PVR which is to expensive for me to rent or purchase these days, unless you are a new customer and no incentive for an existing customer....

I've Been Around

I am leaving Rogers in 2 days.

As a single female who watches yor average shows and pays $100 for cable with only 1 digital receiver as the best deal that they could offer me,,,,, I waited only until Bell gave me free installation with no contract.  I dont want contracts.

I have been with Rogers as my only cable provider..... ever.  TILL NOW.

To think that I want to watch daytime soaps and they are sparse, missing episodes on Days of Our Lives regularly, or that I can wait up till a week at times and nothing, is rediculous.  Looking forward to seeing them the same day with Bell as of Monday,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully your with bell fibe.

Last i heard, bell satalite cut more than 1/2 of their on demand stuff Smiley Sad

Its good to see that call companies now have no contracts for their TV though.
(bell, rogers, etc all dont have contracts for new customers)

I Plan to Stick Around

Currently the on demand menus are mess, updates for new episodes being added are inconsistent, sometimes added hours after a show airs, sometimes days, sometimes never (eg. Last Week Tonight episode 50 is still missing).

The menus for many channels are unsorted, episodes on Shomi are randomly listed for a lot of shows and often episodes are missing.

As more and more people drop their television service in favour of online services don't be shocked that your alternative performed so poorly when it seems like no effort goes into it.  It's extremely frustrating.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @rahba,

I'm sorry about your negative experience. Can you please provide more examples or is it just "Last Week Tonight episode 50"? Some screenshots would also be helpful for the issue with the menu you mentioned about. We tried replicating this but we are able to see episode 50 on multiple boxes here. Have you tried rebooting your box? We did have a known issue for a few shows/episodes that were delayed or missing in Brampton. Which area are you located in and which guide do you have? What colour is your TV guide?

@OLDYELLR@Gdkitty, other members, please feel free to chime in. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

Not to mention a horrible guide layout. I would love to be able to sort by channels I actually subscribe to . Also I have no need for duplicate or sometimes triplicate channels in my guide,would also be nice to remove the standard def channels where a HD counter part is available.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing is worse than WWE on Demand (Ch. 397).  Yes, I know I can watch it online but I prefer sitting on my couch, not at my computer.  I thought when the WWE Network launched here it was gonna be cool not only getting the Network on tv as opposed to watching it just online like in most places and have the on demand available on tv too.  It is never updated (still missing a few weeks ago's Night of Champions PPV) and it is leaps and bounds behind the online version.

Anyone know if this will ever change?  Was there ever gonna be the online version of on demand on the tv version?  Was that the plan originally?  Will it ever be?

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

It's not just Last Week Tonight, episodes being missing is a frequent occurence.

Off the top of my head the other time I remember it happening was with the OC.  It was a season 3 episode that was missing, but I went back and didn't see any gaps in season 3.  I checked other seasons though and noticed season 1 episode 1 was missing.

Here is an imgur album showing the missing LWT episode on both TMN on demand and HBO on demand.  It also shows the OC episode being missing.  I rebooted the box as per your instructions before taking these photos.

http://imgur.com/a/nMAhq

I would gladly go through your entire catalogue of shows for you to find all the missing episodes and poorly sorted listings if I thought you would do anything about it.

quick edit: s01e24, s04e15 of the OC also missing

New Girl: s01e20 missing

Alias: s01e03 missing

Clicking 'American Dad' takes me to 'American Horror Story', and on top of that the seasons are listed in a random order

http://imgur.com/lYf9XVc

Do you need anymore proof?