Number claiming to be "on behalf of Rogers" - fake or legit?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around

Number claiming to be "on behalf of Rogers" - fake or legit?

The number is 1-800-336-0461 and the called ID is "rogers cable" I have picked up the call they did this survey about Rogers TV and asked about Rogers TechXpert 1 month FREE. Fake or legit?
nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄
nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Number claiming to be "on behalf of Rogers" - fake or legit?

Just did a quick search on 800notes.com about the number. It seems to be a Rogers scam... Thank goodness I didn't get scammed they didn't ask about my private info but how did they get the hands-on my account and know I have ____ package?
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You sometimes have to be careful with those sites.. as its all user driven data... everyone could CALL it a scam, as its not from the regular number... even if it IS real.

Rogers DOES use some 3rd party companys for cold calling promotions, etc.  So they do exist.

Usually in these cases.. dont provide them with info... let THEM provide YOU with information..
The legit ones will often be provided your existing plan stuff.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It is well known that Rogers has been using 3rd party marketers for cold calling promotions. What I find annoying is that some of these companies have a caller ID that identifies them as "Rogers Cable" or "Rogers Comm" or some such thing and then try to give you the impression that they are in fact Rogers. I think this is a serious issue and that Rogers should seriously look at some of the companies that they engage to call on their behalf and at the more serious issue of who they are giving our private information to. We too have been bothered by these calls and often times, when you try to question them, they can get downright rude. Websites like 800notes.com and whycall.me actually do an excellent job of identifying many scam numbers out there that are not who they purport to be.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed, they need to be outright with the info...  This is BOB calling from XYZ on BEHALF of rogers sort of thing.

I normally prefer to deal with rogers directly... whis is always the SAFEST way.. calling them yourselfs.

The problem is.. that these 3rd party companies often can offer you a deal, which the REGULAR reps do not have access to 😞

nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys! But do you guys know that those so-called "cold callers" are authorized to sell techXpert out for free 1 month? Does Rogers really have this promotions? Its not on www.rogers.com 

Only thing, its possible that those scamies hacked into our My Rogers account and know everything and call in and claim to be Rogers Smiley Sad *sigh* Our best hope would be changing our MyRogers passcode and PIN of you have one.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes its quite normal that they have promotions that are not listed, not on the site, etc.

I did have a call from one of the 3rd party one once.. got a SLIGHTLY better deal on my home phone at the time.
(though, its now the STANDARD plan thats on the website 😛 but this was before it was that way)

nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around

Fingers crossed that I wont be charged for Rogers TechXpert. I said approved for the 1 month trial but I don't know I'll be charged for the next month, my bill is over $200 already 😧

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

Don't forget that you can stop marketing calls from Rogers or its third parties in your Marketing Permissions on your account. I opted out of this kind of thing years ago and never get calls like that.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

I spoke too soon. Smiley Sad

Just got a call today from 855-760-4841 on my iPhone. The display showed Rogers Wireless and I ignored it. No one left a message and a Google search shows tons of complaints about this number, mostly questioning if it's legit or not. Most people say no one answers on the other end and/or don't leave a message. The number does go back several years, though, so it may well be legitimate. The area code 855 suggests it's from a third party.