Now that everything is 2 year contracts...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Now that everything is 2 year contracts...

Are the old 3-year contracts shortened to 2 years or are we locked in for 3?  Say I signed up for a contract in October 2012, am I done with that contract in 2014 now, or 2015?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Now that everything is 2 year contracts...

Unless you renew on a two year agreement or change your plan to a 2 year and pay the Flextab difference, your contract will still be until october 2015.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, depending on the CRCT ruling/law.. it MAY force exisiting ones to be cut down anyways to 2 years.. but possibly not.
Its not due till the end of the year (assuming it even does go through then), and we will have to see if changed.

Bar that.. assume that you are still on the flextab 'contract' till the end date.. its only the people starting NEW which will have the two years.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello almightyjeff.

The CRTC did not in force a rule to change all the contracts to everyone even locked into a 3 year contract into 2 years. Sadly the only way to go into a 2 year contract would be doing a hardware upgrade OR pay the flextab balance and buy a new phone that way.

Your contract will end as it originally said it would, October 2015

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats what i thought.. I heard some things that maybe ones old ones will be forced.. but most likely bad reporting on it 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

If that would be the case, the people left with lets a 1 year term or less then a year left, would be contract free & the carriers will have to deal with confusion.

I for one would like for the carriers & CRTC to do this, this way we all can go on the 2 year term, but sadly i doubt it will happen:(