Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Note Edge lollipop Upgrade

It was made public a couple of days ago. Current articles seem to state Samsung has released this already. They are working on a that by passes the carriers. Really, the carriers are blocking updates. It is time that Rogers understands that while updates may have problems, it is better than keeping old holes.

Besides swiftkey, there is also the webkit bug pre-lollipop. Again my point simply is that we need the update.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KevMac

The update will come when it comes. Until then there isn't much anyone can do. No one knows what is really going on and Samsung or Rogers won't go public until the update is ready.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well June came and went. July has almost come and gone. Now been almost 4 months since lollipop has been released and absolutely nothing. Not even an announcement from Samsung or Rogers. The os update page hasn't even changed in weeks for any device. This is beyond unacceptable. How do you release a brand new os months ago and then just not fully complete a switch over for all your devices? Especially one (note edge) that just came out? I have never seen such neglect towards their consumers. It is unacceptable so stop defending these Companies and tell us to just wait. We paid for the St phones what some people make in month. What a waste of money..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tdowham55

Im not defending Rogers. Far by it but at the same time you guys need to understand things that aren't shown to the public. Again patience is the key here. We shall see what happens.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This whole thread you have been defending rogers so I feel that u saying u r not defending them is not really true. I agree rogers and samsung have dropped the ball big time in canada makes it extremely tough to want to buy a new phone with them.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Enough with this patience crap. You've repeated yourself enough. Instead of telling us all to be patient how about stop replying to all our opinions and comments. You're not helping the cause. We are done being "patient" so stop. This Is completely unacceptable to roll out an update and not have it fully released after 4 months. Before we even get it, our phones will be out of date and the new ones will be out. I couldve saved myself the money and waited for the next series of phones.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tdowhan55

Instead of complaining about someone that is trying to help, how about u just stop complaining about a update that will come sooner rather then later? Not to be rude but it seems like u have no patience what's so ever for anyone to come help or post anything other then what u want to hear. Just a heads up, u won't get the information ur looking for until they release it. If you haven't noticed, Rogers isn't the only one that has this device in Canada and has YET to say anything about a update. So look at it that way as well.  Read my message below to the other user to understand a bit more.  So that why I'm saying to be patient. That's all. Not here to fight or argue about a update with u. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I protested with the only way I can. I left Rogers.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KevMac

You can leave Rogers but remember that Bell is also offering the same device I believe and has NOT yet released the update or even mentioned anything about a update for this device. So why only blame Rogers? I don't see that reason at all. Yes i can understand that Rogers hasn't said anything but u guys need to also understand that maybe just maybe something is going on for the carriers NOT to say anything due to Samsung? Thus why i keep saying be a bit patient. Leaving to go to another carrier won't do anything to be honest. U will still have those headaches with update unfortunately. Something maybe fail to see. Again i see it on all views, not just blaming Rogers.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I went to Eastlink. Sold my Edge. Please do not justify Rogers and Bell. This is not the first issue, but it is the last. I have had cell phones from the start. All I wanted is the be treated fairly. I should not have to check my bill monthly because there will be errors.