Note 3 "Your Internet connection is unstable"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMcLean
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Note 3 "Your Internet connection is unstable"

Thanks everyone! I'll try the Kies approach tonight!
Much appreciated.

I'll write back to confirm if the update solves the wifi connectivity issue.

-jm
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JohnMcLean

You are welcome! Yes let us know how it goes 🙂
JohnMcLean
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,

I'm back to report the results.  

Using Samsung KIES 3 to upgrade my Galaxy Note 3 worked like a total dream!  The second I installed KIES and plugged in my phone, i was prompted to do the firmware update from Android v4.3 to v4.4.2.

Just to recap, i rooted my Note 3 months ago but didn't install a custom recovery.  Because of rooting, knox was triggered so I couldn't do an OTA for the upgrade.

After the upgrade to v4.4.2, the phone was burning through batteries and acting really strange.  In fact, my WiFi not only kept producing the "Your Internet Connection is Unstable" error, turning on my WiFi would actually kill my cellular data to the point where i had to reboot the phone to get it back.

Since I'm rooted, I ran a Titanium back and then did a Factory Rest.  After getting all my apps reinstalled and restoring my setting using Titanium, my phone now works like to total dream - I LOVE it!  I've only gotten the "unstable" WiFi message once since the rebuild.

Thanks to all for your help!

-jm

View solution in original post

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JohnMcLean

Glad to hear everything worked out with the new update! 🙂
AJPnKW
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a similar issue with my Galaxy S3, so much so that when I was in the US, I dropped WIFI withouth my knowledge and got hit with a significant overage charge. I have the issue sitting in the same room as the router both at home and in Florida, NOT IMPRESSED

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AJPnKW

It seems to be a issue with the old updates 4.3 and back. If it's the new update. I had this happen to my buddy not to long ago with his iPhone 5S
yamilvela
I've Been Around

I have the same message at the WIFI on my work and on my Home WIFI. It's start to happen with the 4.4.2 upgrade. I make a factory setting reset twice but I can't get rid of the KK. Also my Note 3 start to freeze and restarted since the KK upgrade. Any idea how to solve this?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello yamilvela

Hmmm. When you do the factory reset, do u restore it back to how it used to be with the back up?. Could it be a app or a file causing the freezing and restarts?.

I would either send it back to Rogers and have them look at it or have it replaced.
DNavarro
I've Been Around

I have the same problem. I have the S4.  If someone can figure out why, it would be greatly appreciated! It only happens with my wifi. If i go elsewhere and use other Wifi, its fine.  I have upgraded the modem, and its new. So it can't be that. and yes, it has been reboooted numerous times.