Note 3 Lock Screen Shortcuts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Note 3 Lock Screen Shortcuts

HI, 

Has anyone noticed that the Note 3 on Rogers does not let you put lockscreen short cuts or widgets for the camera for example. Is this just me or is it a Rogers thing... Would appreciate some help... 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Note 3 Lock Screen Shortcuts

First off. To have working widgets on the lock screen the security option has to be set to swipe. Also there is a pre installed control widget on the lock screen that either needs to be moved to another page if you want something else there instead. I was able to get dashclock working after moving the existing widget to another lockscreen page.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vsnlwed

I have many shortcuts and widgets on my Note 3 lockscreen..

You need to go into Settings - Device - Lock Screen - Multiple Widgets. Turn it on If its not on. Also depending on the application you have, some do not have it enabled. My HD Widgets app works for my lock screen and so does Power Amp.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

There is no option for Multiple Screen in the Devices>Lockscreen options... That's kinda wierd I thought... Do you think that it may have something to do with my suretap sim?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vivekvp

Hmm that doesn't make sense. All Note 3 have that option.... I would say try to do a factory reset on the device and see if that will bring it?

Suretap sim card has nothing to do with the phone it self. All the sim card does is enabled NFC .
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having similar trouble with my lock screen.  I tried installing Dashclock and I just couldnt get it to work even after enabling that 'install multiple widgets' option.  Probably just too new to Android, but it seems like Rogers has something already installed there (that you can swipe down to read notifications) and its preventing anything else from working.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello weetigo

Rogers doesn't block anything from the lock screen. They can not touch the OS it self. All Rogers dies is add their bloatware and that's all. It could be that the application is not compatible for the Note 3? I am running HD Widgets, Power Amp and a few others on my Note 3 lockscreen. It could be the application it self. Not everything is Rogers fault.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meowmix

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vsnlwed

My next theory is what i said above. It most likely depends on the application you want to put on the lock screen. Not many applications will work on lock screens. If your lock screen widgets are playing when you connect it to your car, its the applications or the OS it self. Rogers doesn't touch anything like that. I know Power Amp, HD Widgets and a few other apps work on the lock screen when turned on
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

First off. To have working widgets on the lock screen the security option has to be set to swipe. Also there is a pre installed control widget on the lock screen that either needs to be moved to another page if you want something else there instead. I was able to get dashclock working after moving the existing widget to another lockscreen page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello weetigo 

There you go.  Also i was looking it up online yesterday and many websites said the same thing.