Not honoring upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Not honoring upgrade

So here's the story
On Saturday I called to upgrade my phone since my (corporate) contract was done.
I asked for the IPhone 6s 64gb space grey. They placed me on hold and after 20-30 minutes they said my plan was good to go fwd. I did not have to change my Corporate plan and gave me a conformation number.
Today I received a call saying my Corporate plan doesn't exist and now they will not give me the upgrade. Unless I go to a regular plan which is double the amount a month and 1/3 of what I would get.
I thought I had a verbal contract and it was confirmed by the confirmation number. Is there and recourse I can get from Rogers?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Not honoring upgrade

Good day @hmvh1,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I understand how frustrating this situation must have been. 

In  order to assist you better, I would have a few questions for you :

• Have you requested to escalate to a Business Manager? Did you end up going ahead with the upgrade anyways?
  • Did they ask you to provide them with a proof of employment or an employee number to confirm you are still part of the organization you receive a discount from?

We'd be happy to help you out further-

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersM aude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Device upgrade problem.

My cell is a corporate acount, but i do not have a corporate email address. I spent more than  45 minutes on the phone trying to convince the Rogers rep that got to be another way to verify that I am the same person that his company been sucking money out of me for the last atleast 15 years and been using the same Gmail email address, but NO, he wants a corporate email address which I do not have. Should i try again or just go to BELL since they have the same phone, same package @ the same price?

I am going to sleep on it tonight and in the morning, will find out if I have any energy to deal with Rogers rep, or just drag my butt and head to BELL

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

of course. I am a real estate broker. he asked me for my real estate lic registration which i gave to him. he disappeared for about 5 minutes then he came back and aske me for a corporate email address which i do not have (by the way, i am the owner of the real estate office and never though of having a corporate email address), i think Gmail is very reliable and user friendly and i been using it for more than 15 years. anyway, i told him him just to do internet search, my name and ottawa and see how many pages of proof he can have

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Problem solved. I called this morning & another sales rep answered and did not have any problem. I guess he knew what he was doing