Not allowed by SIM message

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Not allowed by SIM message

I have seen messages that a firmware upgrade came out Sept 4th for Galaxy 3 but I did not receive it....since I constantly get the "not allowed by SIM message" and use airplane mode on/off to fix it (I haven't switchd to a new sim card as of yet because I read the problem still exists after doing so).... I am wondering if anyone knows if this firmware upgrade fixes the "not allowed by SIM" problem???

I've Been Around

I was told today by tech support that the solution to the problem is go to :

Settings

More Settings

Mobile Networks

Network Mode - default is GSM/HSPA/LTE (Auto mode) - need to change to  2nd setting on list - GSM/HSPA (Auto mode)

Fingers crossed that it works. Wish that the first two tech support people that I talked to knew this! It would have saved me hours and hours of fiddling with my phone and computer and being on hold with Rogers tech support, time on the phone with them, etc.  (and their time too!) !

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, I'll try it.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

And just how are you gonna connect to LTE, with those settings??
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you dont want to use LTE, then you can use 4G (H+). Not a lot of people want LTE shaggy lol
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Next, tech support will instruct people who have errors, to use two tin cans & string 😄
I've Been Here Awhile

go to MYFILES select ext sd card that will give all stored files music,pis ect
I've Been Here Awhile

go to MYFILES select ext sd cards