Not Receiving Texts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lawlipops
I've Been Here Awhile

Not Receiving Texts

Last night, I received about 6 text messages all at the same time on my way to work. These texts were in response to texts I sent 2 days ago. I asked my friend to text me last night and I still have not gotten the text but he says my texts were almost instant. I have tried removing the battery and sim card and putting them back in, to no avail. Don't really know what else to try other than a factory reset but I'm not really wanting to do it unless necessary.

I was wondering if anyone had the same issue? Currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Thanks for any input

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Not Receiving Texts

Hello Lawlipops

Have you tried contact Rogers to see maybe they need to reset something on your plan or account? Call and ask. If they do that and still the same thing, try doing a factory reset. I know its a hassle but it may fix it.

Back everything up on Samsung Kies on your computer before doing the factory reset

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lawlipops

Have you tried contact Rogers to see maybe they need to reset something on your plan or account? Call and ask. If they do that and still the same thing, try doing a factory reset. I know its a hassle but it may fix it.

Back everything up on Samsung Kies on your computer before doing the factory reset

View solution in original post

Lawlipops
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix

I also tried calling my phone and it says my number is unavailable. However, when I call from my phone to someone else's phone, it goes through and I receive all my texts in a bunch (I'm assuming that's because I connect to the network then?). Does this sound like a problem with my hardware or with the network? I will try contacting Rogers about this tomorrow but I'm curious about where the problem lies.

Thanks for the help so far

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lawlipops

It seems like a problem via Rogers. They need to look into this from their end and see what's going on. They might need to restart something on your account to make it work
Lawlipops
I've Been Here Awhile

So I called a Rogers representative today and apparently it's the LTE network. She told me to turn off LTE and go back on the 4G network and I'm able to receive texts/calls again. She also doesn't know why the LTE network is preventing my phone from receiving anything, so that's kind of weird. Hopefully it fixes itself out but thanks for your help.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lawlipops

Hopefully it does fix it self!
MM777
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently got an LG G4 and I have not been receiving a lot of texts that have been sent to me from both other Android phones as well as iphones. Anyone else having this issue??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MM777

Did you have a iPhone previously? Also have you checked the sim card on another device to see if the sim card is the issue?

MM777
I've Been Here Awhile

No, I never had an iPhone. The SIM card is new, but I didn't initially have this issue the first few days I got this phone. I don't have any other devices to test it :S
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MM777

Hmm sounds like something is going on. Have you tried to back up the device and do a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it?. Have you called Rogers Tech support to see if they can check on their end if it's a issue?