Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hey Everyone,

Good news today! I just checked for updates on my N8 and 1.1 was available for over the air updating 😃

Everything went smoothly and took about 5 minutes to complete. Too bad we should be at 1.2 by now though ...

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Community

We can confirm that Rogers has the Nokia N8 PR1.1 software and are currently testing the update. We’ll make this update available as soon as possible, most likely by the end of May.

I hope this address everyone's concerns,

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm that 1.1 is available for me via OTA as well.  Kind of strange that Jonathan still thinks it'll be made available by the end of this month, but it doesn't really matter.

RE: PR 1.2

Please visit this page: http://discussions.nokia.ie/t5/Software-Updates/Official-Nokia-N8-PR1-1-PR1-2-Software-Release-Sched...

It's a link to a thread on Nokia's official forum being updated by an official Nokia employee named Skyee (Yvonne).  She's posted a few times (including her post in the page above) that PR 1.2 is an optional firmware that fixed a minor "Mail for Exchange" issue, so it's highly unlikely that Rogers (or any other provider who's received 1.1 this late) will opt to process and release 1.2.

Hopefully, Rogers will receive and release PR 2.0 on a more timely manner when it's released, as it is much more important than PR 1.1.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Even though 1.1 was a small improvement, I nearly jumped up and down when it finally downloaded onto my Rogers N8!!! Because it meant that there is hope we'll get Anna yet!
As perryduran says, PR 2.0 is FAR more important. Please Rogers, don't make us wait months for that update...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I like that you can now have it have data in "home country" as automatic and "abroad" as wifi only.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for pointing that out.

I guess I didn't read the PR1.1 changelog hard enough.

----

The transitions between homescreens and between menus feel snappier.  Overall, I'm pleased. 

But the improvements that will come with PR2.0 are still needed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed a speed boost after PR1.1 with QT4.7.3! Am now hoping to see Anna release at the end of June (same time as the E6 will be release with Anna). And just maybe, Rogers will get the firmware and release it by October.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi Justin,

Are you still using PC 0599222 on your N8?  If so, what languages are built into it?  I assume NAM stands for North America, but I'm trying to figure out the difference between generic NAM vs Country Variant North America PCs.  Thanks!