Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Alright Rogers this is getting a little rediculous.

I have contacted sales, spoke to tech support and voiced my complaints and still have not received one update even though two have been released by Nokia at this point.

I'm sick of never receiving any updated for any of my previous Nokia phones and I'm disappointed that I am locked in on a 3 year term because this service and support for the Nokia N8 is just not cutting it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Employee

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Schedule 

One more info for CANADA: We've been informed that Canada doesn't launch PR1.1, so that's why Rogers & other Canadian operators won't show in my list.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That's an old post, if you look through the later lists the rogers product code 059D391 is listed as "in creation" or in the case of the March 18th version as "waiting for operator approval"

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

an old post or not, its still a heads up for us as Rogers has to update us the status regarding firmware for n8 pr1.1

dont WE customers have all the RIGHTS to know the whereabouts of the update?

if the above post was old  why is not rogers reacting to it , just even correcting the given statement..

just plain numb...rogers is just silent

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

as of march 30, 2011...here is the copy of the excel sheet provided by skyee of nokia...and it clearly shows that the nokia n8 branded whatever is still "WAITING FOR OPERATOR APPROVAL".... N8 PR1 1 & PR1.2 status (290311).xls 111 KB

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so that mean skyee's list is now useless pretty much. because it all depends to Rogers..

its been "waiting for operator's approval" since like february and stuck until now April 4th..

i look at that list regularly..every night to be exact..

we are all on the same boat..we want to get answers when are the updates gonna be released.

my own question is.. Is Rogers ever gonna release any updates

if yes...when

if no..why not

if maybe..not so professional

if "we might"..same as "maybe" approach

if ignored..keep posting i guess and wait for answers.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

well I got sick of waiting and flashed PR1.2 onto my phone.  I downloaded the firmware for product code 0599222 (NAM white) from Navifirm and flashed it using Phoenix.  I did it wrong the first time and killed my phone dead (wouldn't turn on at all).  Then I flashed it in 'dead phone' mode and it came back to life!  PR1.2 is running smoothly.  I think I lost the mass memory stuff like the Tron movie trailers, but I don't care about that stuff.  Not huge changes, but my phone was getting laggy and developing small glitches so I was going to do a hard reset anyways and thought I may as well try to flash it while I was at it.  Now I'm glad I did because now I know it works and I won't hesitiate to flash PR2.0 onto it when it comes out and finally get the portrait QWERTY keyboard!  I'm guessing that when PR2.0 comes out for unlocked phones, Rogers still won't have the PR1.1 update out.  Just my prediction, maybe Rogers will prove me wrong!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Which tutorial did you use Justin?

Was it this one?

http://www.nokian8forum.com/nokia-n8-hacks-and-tricks/install-cracked-apps-on-n8/

If not let me know which one you used and maybe I'll give it a shot as well.

Thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

"Please note that your mobile service provider, operator or carrier may not have approved the latest Nokia device firmware available.

Nokia produces many different variants of each product (for different countries and languages) and not all variants have updated Nokia device firmware. It is our priority to update all variants as quickly as possible, and we apologize for the delay. Please note that not all operators endorse the latest software versions available. New software may become available at a later date, however, so please check back soon."

maybe rogers didnt get the update...lol

oh my..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As far as I know, PR1.1 only contains minor bug fix and nothing too big.  So HOPEFULLY, Rogers is only waiting on PR2 and release that instead of the 1.1 & 1.2.  It could be just wishful thinking, but I do hope this is the true reason (or they just do not actually have a software proofing team and just keeping our hopes up).

I do like to get at least 1.1 at this point.  1.1 has the ability to add other contacts in the calendar when sync through exchange.  Something I sorely need, same to most business user.

Would someone from Rogers get back to us with regards to:

a) is there an active software managment team with regards to Nokia software updates

b) will there be ever be ANY updates coming from Rogers for the Nokia N8

c) if I'm willing to pay the EFT charge to get out of my contact, will you provide me with the firmware to "debrand" the phone, since I will them purchased the phone and severed my tie with Rogers (which I'm seriously considering at the moment with their poor customer support).

According to the Official Nokia forum, updates are already at the Rogers' office and pending their approval.