Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Link to safely debrand Nokia N8   Here goes:

http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/nokia-n8/39124-so-you-want-clean-factory-fresh-n8-heres-how.html

enjoy your debranded N8

I'm Here A Lot

SHAMED! Why debranding the N8 like we bought it from outside and void the warrantly, who's fault is it? It's now on page 3, I'll be back when it turns page 5, if rogers still not doing anything, I'll debrand it and never look back. My N8 is slow as rogers smartphone update department, need debrand for PR1.1 to improve preformance.
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone debranded their N8 yet? 

I'm Here A Lot

Do you guys know what the settings are for Rogers Internet, Rogers Browsing and Rogers Messaging.

I believe Rogers Internet and Browsing are similar:

Username: wapuser1

Password: wap

APN: internet.com

MMS is:

Name: Rogers MMS
Homepage: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
Service Type 1: HTTP
Proxy/IP 1: 172.025.000.107
Port 1: 80
Service Type 2: WAP Secure
Proxy/IP 2: 172.025.000.107
Port 2: 9203
Timeout: 10 Minutes
Line Type 1: ISDN
Line Type 2: ISDN
GPRS APN: media.com
User Name: media
Password: mda01

Does anyone know where to enter the MMS settings on the N8 and if these are correct?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

sigh.......i had a Nokia N95 before, and it never had any updates....and now...i currently have a Nokia N8, which i paid in cash...and still...no firmware updates...i checked some Nokia websites (Philippines,UK and USA), and they all have the  013.016 firmware version released. yeah i know i am kinda just repeating what the other loyal Nokia posters are saying...but having said this, you can tell how frustrated I am about this issue. I was hoping Rogers would be responsible enough to let US...customers...who pay our bill on time...to get what is supposed to be for our N8. the reason why there are updates is to fix bugs and improve performance...its plain common sense.  

I Plan to Stick Around

i got a reply from Nokia Canada.....according to the representative at email support...the firmware update for "CANADA MARKET" will be available in the..."FUTURE"....in other words...good luck. i guess i'll just have my friend bring my N8 to the philippines, where he will have his vacation..i will have my N8 "fixed" so i can do away with this issue.

I'm Here A Lot

Yah, it would be nice to have some idea of timeframe.  Like a month, 6 months, 1 year?  I'm not too hopeful seeing as I had the Rogers-branded Nokia E71 for 2 years with 0 updates available!  Don't get me wrong, I love that Rogers provides Nokia devices.  They are still the only North American carrier to sell the N8, and they brought it out within a couple months of it being released rather than the normal 1 year waiting time.  But it would be nice to know if/when we will get the N8 updates seeing as PR2.0 will bring QWERTY keyboard which the N8 REALLY needs!

I've Been Around

I'm really interested in this thread because I'm not a Rogers customer but am thinking of getting the Nokia N8 and I'm wondering what issues people are having with the phone/Rogers.  If this is indicative of the type of customer service I can expect, perhaps I'll take a pass.  I've also tried to contact Rogers by email about a general question about smartphones/plans but they haven't bothered to reply. 

I'm not feeling too much love at the moment!

I've Been Here Awhile

@Pr0sauce wrote:

Do you guys know what the settings are for Rogers Internet, Rogers Browsing and Rogers Messaging.

I believe Rogers Internet and Browsing are similar:

Username: wapuser1

Password: wap

APN: internet.com

MMS is:

Name: Rogers MMS
Homepage: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
Service Type 1: HTTP
Proxy/IP 1: 172.025.000.107
Port 1: 80
Service Type 2: WAP Secure
Proxy/IP 2: 172.025.000.107
Port 2: 9203
Timeout: 10 Minutes
Line Type 1: ISDN
Line Type 2: ISDN
GPRS APN: media.com
User Name: media
Password: mda01

Does anyone know where to enter the MMS settings on the N8 and if these are correct?

I have a debranded N8 with PR1.1 . Pr0sauce I take it yours is too, but cannot confirm if those are the correct Rogers MMS settings.

Press MENU Button>SETTINGS>CONNECTIVITY>SETTINGS>DESTINATIONS>ACCESS POINT

You need to create a new access point with your settings.

Press MENU Button>MESSAGING>OPTIONS>SETTINGS>MULTIMEDIA MSG>ACCESS POINT IN USE select the access point you created earlier.

I've Been Here Awhile

Posted yesterday on nokia support forum, PR1.1 for N8 product code 059D391 (Canada) is listed as "in creation". Should just be a matter of time as long as rogers approves the update when it's finished.

Link to the excel file:

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/discussions/attachments/discussions/swupdate/86526/1/N8%20PR1%201%20...

If that doesn't work, here is the thread:

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/t5/Software-Updates/Official-Nokia-N8-PR1-1-Software-Release-Schedul...

Really looking forward to regular updates for my N8.