Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Agreed
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for being patient. As soon as we get more information regarding a release we will keep you updated. Be sure to regularly check our redboard.rogers.com for new device and software update information.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Please ROGERS , this is coming from a long time loyal customer (back from CANTEL days) this N8 FW update is very important to a lot of people and we are practically the last product code that is still waiting for it, give your approval to nokia and let's carry on.

thanks

mike

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for checking this topic. I hope there will be a positive response  for the nokia n8 update.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have heard that PR2.0 will be out end of March. I hope we can get both updates on time...Rogers will make them available; I'm 100% sure. I expect Rogers will make the PR2.0 available for Canadian before other countries.

Rogers is the best.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My N8 Rogers product code is 059D391, and still it is not possible to upgrade to PR1.1.

Nokia has released the update 3 weeks ago, why is it not available yet?

Thank you

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi RogersJean,

Thanks for the response. I would still like more information however. I need to know if there is a date for the release for Rogers branded N8's. If not, I feel it is Rogers respinsibility to debrand our phones for us to allow this and future updates as it is not fair that we don't get an update because of a decision on your end.

We need this fixed ASAP Rogers. The Nokia N8 devices need this update!

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Pr0sauce,

There is no specific release date regarding the N8. Our product development team is very discreet when it comes to releasing this type of information. I you feel you are not being treated fairly I encourage you to contact our customer service directly at 1866-931-3282 to voice this.

Be sure to continually check redboard.rogers.com for update information, I will post any information I hear.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I agree with all the posts above. Since the N8 is using a new version of the OS (symbian ^3), Rogers should make it a priority to release updates that are being rolled out by the company (in this case Nokia). The PR1.1 update has been released for almost a month now and still no updates for Canada. As stated above this is a critical update to improve the user experience and iron out some annoyances. PLEASE Communicate this message to the right people as this needs to be resolved ASAP.

If users start to get annoyed they may start resorting to other ways of getting updates, such as debranding their phones and hence nullifying their warranties and therefore causing more problems for Rogers Customer service.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

By the time Rogers is ready to release PR1.1, the rest of the WORLD will be getting ready for PR 3.0Smiley Sad I am really considering debranding my N8 now.