Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

When will Symbian^3 firmware update PR1.1 be available for Rogers branded N8-00?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nokia N8 Firmware Update PR1.1?

I'm wondering the same thing also. Reports from Nokia suggest that you guys aren't going to do this. I'm realling hoping that this is a misunderstanding and that you will be allowing this update for our phones. You didn't allow any other updates on my other Nokia N95 device so I'm hoping that you have changed your plan and are going to step up your game. Please advise ASAP.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi, I too am wondering if/when you will release PR1.1 for the Nokia N8.  Before this I had a Nokia E71 which was great, but received 0 software updates in the two years that I had it.  I'm really hoping this will not be the case for my N8!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Just check on Nokia Support...No Canada update so far ... Hope from what i just read from other on this forum is not true and that ROGERS will provide the update, it is not a question of money...it is a customer satisfaction issue...like my N8, have some bugs that are very annoying. Question is if ROGERS do not want to provide any update, what could we do???

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

Just got some news from Nokia forum.....very bad news.....Could we have a reason WHY Rogers do not wants to provide the update....

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Schedule 

One more info for CANADA: We've been informed that Canada doesn't launch PR1.1, so that's why Rogers & other Canadian operators won't show in my list.

I've Been Here Awhile

**bleep**,

I bought the nokia n8 knowing that nokia will be updating the symbian3  software with new features like the browser and a new UI. What's the point of buying this phone from Rogers if we can't get any updates 😞

I've Been Around

That's why I hate iPhone and apple products. Because they try to not support other brands to force people use their brands. This is not a competition. If one time the apple produce the best cell-phone in the world and the only cell-phone producer was apple, I will never buy cell-phone anymore. Nokia was, is and will be the best cell-phone company in the world.

** edited for content **

I'm Here A Lot

N8 PR1.1 has OTA update in many countries already, I wonder why rogers not having it, PR2 is coming soon in couple months... are we no luck for that too!?  What's good about having a smartphone in rogers if they are not planning to have any update support for users, would anyone from rogers confirm this? 

I'm Here A Lot

Would someone from Rogers please respond. This is an extremely important matter regarding updates. You sell the device and tell us that customer satisifaction is your number one priority, however, you refuse to update products!
Please advise if you will be allowing updates on all of our Nokia N8 products.

Thanks.

I've Been Around

I agree, we need a resonse and support from Rogers on this.  It is rediculous for a company to not expect to do any updates for a device when constant new software is coming out.  PR1.1 includes a free full version of quickoffice, is Roger's going to pay me for a copy of that if they don't release the FW?  I don't think so.  We need an answer and for you to support your customers.