Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

going by those specs you will only get LTE on the 2600 band with rogers. I have a 925 from Europe with a tmobile rom and get LTE using the 2600 band.

I Plan to Stick Around

it is now up for preorder on certain online retailers, just remembre if you decide to purchase the global variant you will only receive LTE on 2600 freq and only with reflashing the rom to a country that has this enabled in the connection settings, also this phone does not support glance screen. I would pass on the device and wait a few months to see if any other devices come to canada, the are 4 Nokia handsets coming a bit later in the year with newer specs or go with the 1520(rm-938 model).

I Plan to Stick Around

Got to tell you,,,I own the Nokia 1520 Rm-37 model and i do not miss LTE @ al,,,l 4 G works great for me and the speed difference is realy not an issue,,,WIFI 90 % of the time anyways,,,The HUGE benefit i find is my battery life is so much better not using LTE ,,LTE is really not battery friendly @ all

I Plan to Stick Around

yes LTE does kill a battery a lot quicker than 4G, the rm-937 can also get rogers lte just on the 2600 freq and with a rom reflash.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello demonis

Rogers uses LTE 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz. Rogers and ATT use the same exact frequencies.

Rogers does not use band 1; it uses band 4 (AWS 1700/2100).  So far band 1 has not been use by any North American carriers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rgl168

You are correct. I got that from the Rogers website but then again they changed it to Band 7.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello demonis

Rogers uses Band 12 A and B bands for 700Mhz. I don't think those devices use that band.

The rest will work on Rogers tho.

According to Mobilesyrup, it's band 17, not band 12.

"http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/17/rogers-launches-700mhz-service-in-parts-of-vancouver-calgary-and-t...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rgl168

Please read my post on page 3. You will see this. Also read the whole thread, not just the last page.

" Hello everyone.

My sincerely apologizes. I made a mix up on my above post. Some of us on were getting the wrong information. Rogers will indeed use band 17 for 700Mhz. The thin ia we won't know if the Lumia 930 will indeed work on the network for 700Mhz. Rogers wont test it as they don't carry the device but if someone does have the device and lives in parts of Toronto, Vancouver and parts of Calgary we will know then once they test it.

They haven't listed what devices work bit said most of the LTE device will work on 700Mhz network with band 17

My apologies once again. "

I Plan to Stick Around

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, here are the LTE networks that are deployed (or being deployed) by Rogers:

- Band 4 (aka AWS, or 1700/2100)

- Band 7 (aka 2600)

- Band 17 [I believe this is referred to as "700 c" but not 100% certain; there are so many bands within the 700 block]

As for Nokia Lumia 930, the specs on their global page shows as follows:

LTE network bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20  [http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia930/specifications/]

So the phone will on Rogers under Band 7 (2600).

As for Nokia Icon offered by Verizon:

LTE network bands: 4, 13 [http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/phone/lumia-icon/specifications/]

Thus it will work on Rogers as well under band 4 (AWS) provided that it is unlocked (and I believe all Verizon LTE devices are unlocked from the start).

I Plan to Stick Around

Your "sincerely apologizes" message is #26, but then you repeat the same incorrect "Rogers uses LTE 2100 (band 1)" in message #28 - two messages later.  What's the logic in this?